Saturday, July 9, 2022

One Day Off And Then Back To Work...

 So yeah... Kind of a lot of pressure for this day to be relaxing.  And was it?   Of course not!  


Well, I'll be fair.  A lot of things went fine and I was being productive for the most part.   I got up early, I ran, I even had time to hunt for a few mushrooms.( Didn't find any ...)  My goal was to figure out the 401k on the new job.   And, surprisingly, it was fairly simple to do and I had completed it with hardly any ill effect on my mood. 

But I got paid by Pearson on Friday.   And every time I wanted to check on the money that was being forwarded to my new bank account, it would show an error.  So.. With my new found time, I decided to go to the bank directly and ask what the heck was going on. 


Turns out... Three days before my first pay check was wired in.. They cancelled my account.  Because they could not verify my new address.  Because I need MAIL to actually verify it or a pay stub.  Well wasn't that nice of them.  Now I have to lose sleep wondering where my money went and if I will be able to get it back.   IN the mean time, they are sending me the initial $100 I used to open the account.. TO the very address they can't seem to prove.  At moments like this, I think I'm just being messed with. 


So now I have to reset up an account and start over.  They did not tell me about simply reopening my account.   That would be too convenient.   No.. It would be so much better if I had to go back into Pearson and GXO to re-set up the account routing number. And I have to do it before my GXO check clears this Friday!    Goodness, what a Mess!

Well,  that little event managed to unsettle the rest of my day.  For the most part.   I did manage to purchase a few additional clothing items from Goodwill.  Turns out, only one pair of shorts and pants are not enough.  I also picked up a couple silk ties because Polyester Ties are Junk!

But finally,  I got home and was able to pet the Dog that has found his way into Dave's house. Her name is Ladybird and she is adorable!   She hung out with me while Dave and her owner ( Christina.) Are out enjoying the sights and sounds of Kenosha.   Ladybird is a cutie.  I was told she was shy, and I can see that.   But she seemed to warm up to me nicely.   

So.  Looks like a long week of working and trying  to get my account squared away.. AGAIN!  What ticks me off is this was all set up weeks ago!  I was not slacking!  but one little hiccup and I have to fix all this trouble.  Irritating!  

Hope everyone is having a longer and more enjoyable weekend this weekend.   I just wanted to vent and st a note to myself so I don't forget to somehow let the Bank know where I live.   ( Not even a warning Email!... But plenty of spam trying to get me to invest more money with them.... Where is the Customer Service???) Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Oh wow, do you have to wear a tie to work?
I agree that the silk ones are much nicer.

Sounds like a nightmare with the bank. Hope things straighten out for you this week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope the bank gets it all straightened out, very unsettling. Cute dog to keep you company!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails