Monday, March 29, 2010

Origami crazy

This last weekend I have spent making origami. I just feel like taking a small break from carving and pursuing something a little more mentally stimulating. You see, I usually just fold something until I get to where I want it to look. I rarely pic up a book anymore, And for this reason, I make a LOT of mistakes. But every now and then I find something that I can truly call my own. I still have a long way to go since I still cling to certain bases as my just off point. Hats off to those masters that can just jump in with no diagram or fold pattern and make something up that looks awesome! Here are just a few of the thousands of finished diagrams on Flikr. If you do a search on google or Yahoo, There are tons of free diagrams out there that can get you started. They range from easy to difficult. And all the materials it takes is a piece of paper to get you started. Enjoy!

1 comment:

L. D. said...

It is a neat form of sculpture. I have only two things down in the making of them, and have never ventured on to anything more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails