Monday, October 9, 2017

Back In The Saddle, Back On The Trail!

Cheryl feeling better
Whoa!   Cheryl running?!?!?
Well it was bound to happen eventually...  Cheryl would recover from her running wound. (Try saying that 5 times fast...)   This means that she Should be able to run again and spend all of our hard earned money on races and running junk.  (shoes, shorts, shirts, and other words that start with "Sh-".)  Actually,  she has been the main bread winner this year.  So I guess she has the right to spend it as she sees fit.   And besides, if I had my way, we would be as frugal as the folks from the depression era.   Part of my Dad's philosophy and upbringing.
And SMILING?   Is the world ending? 
At least I get to bike again. 

But with Cheryl's new found ability to burn off steam, depression and anxiety, comes the ability for me to ride my bike again.   Oh sure,  I could have been riding my bike down the dusty roads alone...but where is the fun in that?   And since Cheryl does NOT want to spend any money on a bike (Even though Shwinn Does start with an "Sh-") I'm forced to wait for her to run along side.
I'm more than the Twinkle in her eye.
Farm Time in Iowa.  Iowa Gold Fever!

In addition to being able to bike,  I'm also able to have something to blog about.   If nothing else,  she is good for a picture or two.  And every now and then I see some wildlife or farm equipment that presents itself as "picturesque".

The Ghosts of Boston will be Exercised!
Running Twice in one Day?   Crazy!
The other day,  she actually ran twice!   First in the morning in Iowa City.  And later at the trail.   She is even beginning to overcome her Ghosts of Boston and wear the gear she spent a kings ransom on.  I like it.   I think she looks good in Yellow and Blue. (Navy colors I think...)


Running into the Sun
Cheryl's "Rocky" Pose
  Her eventual goal is to run at least one more half marathon before this year is over.   With the training weeks dwindling away, and the fact that she is starting back at 9 minute miles ( and three mile runs) time is in short supply.   But isn't it always? 
Magic Healing Hands.   Limited uses 
Three Miles.  Working for 13.

Of course,  I claim credit for her "speedy" recovery.   Apparently I started giving her massages just a few days ago and BOOM!   She is fixed!  I simply must have magical hands.   It's a gift.

Guess I have to "Whip out the Super."


The down side is that now she wants me to give her massages all the time.  I hate to break it to her, by my talent is like a river in the rainy season.   A raging river at one moment,  a dry cracked desert at other times.  I save my hero-ing for the weekends.   I can only take touching Cheryl's trim, athletic, sexy body for just so long....  But I guess it is the job of the "husband" to do things like this.... so I will bite the bullet and try a little harder.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails