Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Cold Has Come.... Er, Came... Um. Arrived?

So much for my clever alliteration. 

It was chilly this morning as we ran/biked.  Last night, around 7 P.M.  Cheryl and I went for a walk in the dark.   The temps with the wind nearly froze our ears off.   As we neared the end, you could clearly see small flakes of snow in the air with the flashlight.

That being said,  we still went out this morning.  Not being used to the cold, I bundled up in my "typical" mid-temp, cold gear.   ( as opposed to my sub-zero, arctic tundra set up)  Even in the cold weather gear, I still managed to freeze! 

Cheryl purchased some new bike leggings for me last Wednesday.   Since bike leggings are designed for skinny, in-shape people...  A person of my age, size, and flabbiness tends to push the stitching to its limits!   So Cheryl buys me a new set every year.  You night say that she should order a larger size.   But I think that is impossible since I this IS the largest size they make.

There are other jokes to be made, But I will stop there.  You get the picture.  I do like the color, though.  And Cheryl informs me that there are several other colors available.  I'll have to check them out.

Last Thursday was the last day Cheryl ran in shorts.  And may just be the last time for the year.   I'm not sure if the weather will warm up any this late in the season.  Once we get acclimated to the temps,  I'm sure it will all be fine.  Until then,  we simply have to make our way with the gear we have.
Note how the Tractor tries to beat Cheryl through the intersection.  

The harvesters took today off;  But last Thursday, it was pretty crazy.   There were lots of tractors and combines on the roads and in the fields.  Sometimes Cheryl tests her courage by trying to run one down.   Although she can look intimidating from time to time,  I think she should give the large farm equipment a little more respect.

So that is all from Wellman, Iowa for the time being.  We continue to sell and sew up a few stockings.  It keeps us busy between scoring gigs and running.  As November hits, I'm sure things will pick up .
 Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the cold with a nice Hot Chocolate...  Or Coffee.   Everyone loves Coffee.   Right?     Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails