Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Rain, Clouds, Stockings and Runs.

Clouds?  Rain?   The mean NOTHING!
The last couple of days have been rather dreary.  Rain and clouds darken the skies and the cold temps of fall have finally arrived.   Undaunted, Cheryl continues to insist that we run.   Even in the rain!

 No biggy for her, but I have to dress up for the occasion.   Riding a bike does not generate the same amount of heat as running.
Cheryl the Conquerer!  (Or Terrible...)





   And with the cold, slow pace, and lack of pain pushing her;   She plans to make up for it all by running longer.  Today she increased the millage to 4 miles. She probably plans on getting up to 7 miles by the end of the week.  We shall see.

Cheryl sewing up the custom orders

In the mean time,  Stockings are slowly trickling in.  Last year, apparently,  I did not blog about the steady stream of 3-4 stockings at this time.    So this year, I want to make a bit more of an effort to catalog things. 

The Motley Crew of Fur-bearers.

The Finished Stocking representations.
We started the day with "no sales" but that quickly changed by mid afternoon.   During this time of year, that is how it is.   Start off thinking you have an easy day and BOOM!  5 sales with three on the back burner for tomorrow.  Cheryl had an especially fun time making the cats.
Armadillo.
Bulldog


Standing Crane.  First time go! 
Bulldog reads the blog. 
As for me,  now and then I get called in for my button sewing skills.   Otherwise I keep my self occupied by playing with the cat, digging in the mud, and folding origami with my latest paper creations



 Korean Paper.  Similar to cloth. 

I finally figured out how to make that Korean paper (Hanji) work. ( Hint:  LOTS of methyl cellulose. Without it, it folds like a fragile cloth.)   The stuff I'm currently using we purchased from Amazon.   Apparently, it is the "industrial strength" kind.  I'm still trying to figure out how to portion it up so it does not solidify in my container.

Sounds dangerous.  But not really. 
There are so many uses for this stuff.  Mostly for Slime, blood, and other gooey special effects for movies and Halloween .   Also it can be used as wallpaper paste, paper binder, book glue, and food emulsifier. (Makes gravy thicker) I doubt it will ever explode...  about as flammable as flour and an open flame.  It took me a while to figure that out, because each producer markets it as ONE of the intended purposes.  Causing much confusion.  In the end, it is all the same stuff...  as long as you don't eat the "non-food quality" stuff.  ( not that I would want to anyway.)

Hope everyone else is staying dry and warm on this chilly October day.    In the mean time,  Enjoy some Rod Stewart.   (Small note:  Remember when Rod Stewart was "too sexy and raw for the youth of America?   Funny how time mellows us all.)  Thanks for stopping in and enjoy.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails