Friday, October 6, 2017

Gloomy Days In Iowa.

 The last few days have been cloudy with rain.  Some thunder and lightning...  Mostly just gloomy skies with a drizzle now and then.  All great times to be inside and enjoying some of Autumn's pleasures.

Since Cheryl STILL can't run,  we have been taking walks ( when the rain allows) andenjoying the pleasant air.   The temps are still warm enough to get you hot after three miles.... But at least you don't feel like you are melting under the Bright Iowa Sun.    Cheryl is eager to get back on the saddle...or on the track (No horse involved),  So she stretches and exercises when she can.





As for me,   I have been continuing my focus on the totally useless skill of Origami.   I wanted to at least take a picture of the dragons before I end up throwing them away or leaving them as a tip at some restaurant.   Both dragons are from Satoshi Kamiya's  World of Super-Complex Origami .   I usually take "liberties" with the design after I achieve all of the flaps required.




And then there is the "Simple Stuff"  No pattern.  Just me playing around with a bird base.   I really like the pelican.   I still want to play around with the Flamingo. Probably work on the shaping a bit.
So that is all for now.   Tomorrow we will play around in Iowa City again and maybe work on the Stockings some more.
  Cheryl says she is done with the dogs for now.  Maybe as requests come in she will work on them some more.  We have been making about three a day  for the last two weeks.   With a little luck, we will have a "good year" this year.  Fingers crossed....  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails