Wednesday, May 16, 2018

An End to Pearson Project. Time To Panic!

Really?  Do we have to?
A quick post on the happenings of today.  Basically,  we thought our project was going to end on Friday...  It ended today.   Surprise!
And this happens every time  a Project Ends Early.




Well, not really a surprise for me, although I was not expecting it like it happened.   Scoring is all about getting the work done.   And when the last paper is scored,   you're done!   Go home.  Oh!  And thank you.   It is, by far, the most polite way to get fired.


Don't touch that button!
We will be back in a couple of weeks when the next gig kicks off.   But for now,  we have 2 weeks to fill and no plan on what to do.   Bills still have to be paid!  And they seem to wait for no one.
Too late.  Good Job Cheryl!



I'm a little concerned.  But Cheryl has already hit the BIG RED BUTTON and it is scaring me a little.  And this is why people need to listen to me. 


Newbies scoring.
You see,  The project was easy.   The Newbies get to clicking and have a contest and "who can score the fastest!"   While the old guys ( myself included) understand the faster you score,  the faster you go home.
Old Guys scoring. 

  And the less you get paid! 

If the Project calls for it to last 2 weeks....  make it last the FULL two weeks.  Pearson is happy.   You are happy!   And best of all Cheryl would have been happy.  And that would have made me happy.

Seriously?  It's for a headache!
But now,  we have to figure out what to do with two weeks of "Non-Employment."  We could sell plasma.   Or blood.   Or Drugs!  ( If it were legal and I actually knew how!)   Who am I kidding?  I faint at the sight of blood.  Especially my own.   And I'm sure the only one interested in buying drugs from me would be an undercover DEA agent asking for Aspirin.   I have also considered prostitution....  But I look really bad in fish net stockings and a thong.  Looks like we are screwed!
Small light in the Darkness?  Where?

Not really.   I know that no matter how tough things seem,  it is highly likely we will survive it.   Why?   Not because we are survivors!   No!   It is because surviving will cause us the most pain.   And that is what life is all about, right? Suffering?  Maybe that is a little glum..  But I'm in a mood.  What can I say.

Mmm.   Pancakes...
Pancakes make everything better.

On a positive note:   The night is always darkest right before first light.  Or is it: In the darkest places, the smallest light shines the brightest.  Something like that.   Either way,  I wanted to jot this down for future Ethan to read and understand that he has experienced dark times before.   And, if I end up reading this in the future,  that means I survived it all the same.   Now go out there and make some pancakes!  Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails