Thursday, May 17, 2018

Life After A Pearson Project... Requires Some Outdoor Therapy.


So that is what Cheryl and I did today.  We discovered a new bike trail near the Iowa River.   What a find!   With paved Trails,  Flat elevations and it goes around an old gravel pit.  I heard it has been here for about 8 years!  Although I do not remember seeing much of it from the HyVee Parking Lot. 


Besides, it looked like they are continuing work on certain sections even now.   I can hardly wait to see the finished ponds.

Cheryl has been pretty active.   I guess it is the only way to harness that over-active energy she has bundled up inside.  She ran 7 miles this morning and then we biked an additional 18 miles around the various trails.  The weather was nice enough to provide a cool breeze with the warm sunshine.  I had to lose  the jacket about a mile in. 


The gravel pit has a few familiar friends flying around.   Cheryl saw an Oriole, but I missed the chance to get its picture. If Far Side Of Fifty has them in Minnesota, then I guess it is possible to have them here as well.





Most of the trip was trying to figure out a place we can bike with Cheryl's parents when they arrive later this summer.  I think they will like it as long as the heat is manageable.   Late June/ Early July is the worst time to be here.


Other than that, I have to score for ES later today, ( in about an hour)  so that is where I will be focusing my efforts.  Perhaps ETS will give us a few days next week to keep our sanity close to normal.  We shall see.




So next time you are overwhelmed with uncertainty.... Try running around a lake, and then biking until that nervous energy is exhausted.   It seems to work for Cheryl.  As for me... I just get tired after biking that long.

I should probably work on that a little. 

Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails