Sunday, December 27, 2020

And Now.... The After Christmas Snow.

 I have had my share of "Green Christmas s" in the past.   And although a "white Christmas" has a certain romance to it, I don't miss the white stuff too much.   In fact,  I think the Holidays can easily be celebrated without the snow!  I learned this whenever we spent Christmas with Grandma down in Florida.  But even so,  the occasional ( and rare) snow-less Christmas s in Michigan were equally as enjoyable. 

So,  I'm happy that the snow has held off until today.   Currently, it continues as I write this at 5:30 PM.  I started around 4.   I think it may continue all night, but the exact amount is still in question.   According to the Weatherman,  we were not even supposed to get any south of Cedar Rapids.  One thing I learned about Iowa:  Michigan weathermen are NOT the worst in the country!

Ok, ok... it is a tough job that pays well..   I'm sure they can put up with a little heckling. 

Otherwise,  quiet here on the home front. for the last two days,  Cheryl has managed to get her 7 miles in.  Something that we have not been able to accomplish for a while.   I'm glad we got it in this morning before the snow, because there is no telling how the snow will effect the runs in the future. (Usually, snow impacts running in a negative way...) 

Lots of moving parts for this threader.
At least I got to try out my new goggles.

I spent most of yesterday trying to fix the thread puller on my Embroidery Machine.   The automatic threader is so "machine perfect" that if you break a needle, ( which I did...) you will seemingly never get the threader to line up with the eye of the needle again!   I see the newer ones are simpler and easier to use. ( less moving parts!) And I'm sure they are easier to deal with.   I DID get to play around with my new goggle glasses.   I think they were useful enough. Perhaps not as good as perfect vision... but those days are far behind me now.  And when dealing with parts that are about 1/10th of a mm thick,  the largest lenses were most helpful. 

The Thread path for the
needle threader.
The needle threader fits through 
the eye of the needle to 
pull the thread through. 

But I finally got it to work.  At least about 90% of the time.   But definitively not as good as it was right out of the box all those years ago. 

Oyster mushroom practice/test attempt. 

I also played around with more embroidery.   I spent most of today playing and tweaking an Oyster mushroom design to put on one of my shirts.   I did not get around to completing the design yet, but I guess that will give me something to do for tomorrow.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the year.   There is definitely things to look forward to after this year.  At the very least, I had lots to blog about... apparently,  this year.  Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I usually ended up running on the roads after they were plowed, but that isn't always a great idea depending on where you live.
Looks like we may get some snow here up to ... well, a lot very soon.
Cross Country skiing is a good alternative to running in snow?
I had to chuckle at the goggle glasses.

Jon said...

Our Christmas snow melted quickly and now there's nothing but rain. It's going to be a soggy New Year's Eve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails