Friday, December 25, 2020

Puzzle me this... For Christmas.

Do your Family Gatherings look 
more like Family Pro-Wrestling?
 Merry Christmas!  Official Day Christmas!   As I read the blogs, it sounds like everyone is having a quiet "peaceful" Christmas away from Obnoxious Friends, Noisy family, and Destructive Kids and Pets.  Hey!  You have to take the peaceful ones when they come along.... right?   

2 Degrees warmer today! Let's 
run 5 miles this time!

So we spent our day pretty much relaxing inside, as the cold and wind have not settled down yet.   We DID go out for a run.  We managed to make it 5 miles this time.  Even with hand and foot warmers, it was still cold.  

Compared to yesterday's attempt.

Felt backing... much better.
I had ideas on how to fix the Embroidery Tee-shirt disaster.   I tried several backings before settling on good old felt as the stabilizer.   It ended up working out the best.   Very few broken threads,  very few missed stitches,  and no puckering. I also tweaked the font and make the Subaru symbol a little bigger.   I'm quite happy!  And it only took all afternoon. 

Afternoon Gift Opening.
New Lens for the Camera. 
The "Walleye" vision lens.

After that,  Cheryl and I opened presents.   Seems odd that we would wait until 4 pm to actually unwrap the gifts, but that is what happens when you morph into an adult. ( at least in appearance.)  I got a Microscope, so I can finally study and Identify those Mushroom spores.   I also go some work glasses so I can finally see those small details on the sewing and embroidery Machines during maintenance.   And finally,  Cheryl got me a "Zoom Lens" for my phone camera so I can take pics of the Moon and distant wildlife.   Hmmm...  It seems funny that every thing I got is meant to help me see better!   Another symptom of turning into an adult.  ( at least in appearance.) 

Christmas Puzzle
We started it last night....

And finally,   we finished up the Puzzle.   This one was only 500 pieces.  Good enough for two people to finish in a day and or so.  ( We started it last night...)  Every time we attempt a 1000 piece one without the entire family present,  it takes us a week or we simply never finish it.  I guess having family is good for somethings now and then.  

Too much Christmas for Cheryl. 
Completed!  

Ok, if you have not figured it out,  I don't really hate friends and family over the Holidays.  It is stressful, but we usually have a good time.   I'm sure they are as happy to see us go as we are to leave. But you miss it when you can't be forced to do it as "tradition".  Mostly I would want to visit the family just because it is currently "illegal" to visit them...  I would do it as an Act of Patriotism and rebellion!  ( Not for the love of family or anything... no sir!)  

A Random House... Gnome Home.
But getting back to happier things.   Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you had a good one.   And many more to come!   I would like to have a new brand of optimism for the future.  Mostly because I figured out how to embroider on a Tee Shirt!  But also because I have  new equipment in my arsenal to help me study and build things.  I can't wait to give them a whirl when the weather finally clears up.  

Thanks for stopping in and Happy Holidays! 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merry Christmas...sounds like you are having vision problems...your arms are not long enough anymore...it happens as we age. We have a puzzle to start tomorrow. It will keep us busy! Good for you figuring out your fabric problem...yeah you!

Val Ewing said...

Now if you can figure out how to take photos of the spores! That would be cool, right?
Sounds like it was a nice Christmas.

We began opting for quieter Christmas's long time ago. When we had to start using a security firm to search all relatives before entering the home.
")

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails