Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The Closing of the Shop.... Mostly.

 Cheryl "mostly" closed the shop last night.  People can still leave us messages and requests, but they can no longer purchase anything.   This leaves only 2 more FULL days to catch up the backlogged orders.  We have done 40 stockings for the last two days and we are beginning to crack.   And by "we," I mean Cheryl. 

Turning us into crazy people!
Things are getting exhausting.

Well she does have to take the order, write them out, cut the designs, sew them on, then sew them up,  print out the orders and then, finally,  package everything up.  I answer questions if I can, and post  pictures of custom orders, but Cheryl does most of  the "work", so to say. 

Even the cat is exhausted.

Any day we tackle over 40 stockings is just painful and depressing.  And we still have at least 80 stockings and a bunch of custom orders to go.  I can't imagine selling more at this point in time. 

My machine broke!  A Story 
for another time....
Rocket the Shop cat. ( Not really 
our cat!) 
Sometimes I think I look like 
Charlie Brown.


So... As late as it is,  I'll sign off and leave these pictures to help us remember that record breaking, soul crushing, year of 2020.  


 






I have other things to blog about, but I'll have to do it after the stocking season is over.  Hopefully before Christmas though!    Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Mostly...it will take a few days for you to catch up! Looks like you wore a machine out:)

Val Ewing said...

Wow! You both look a bit tired. So Rocket the cat that is always there...lol is not your cat. I think you may be his adopted people though!

Oh no, and your machine broke too? I imagine if you tallied up the hours of sewing it may have been more than the life expectancy of the machine? :)
Hopefully you get some rest after the orders are done and get some quiet time too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails