Sunday, December 6, 2020

Success Never Felt So Terrible.

No more room for stockings!

 The weekend is almost over, and we are still working!   I honestly have no idea when it started and what day it is.   The reason?   Stockings!  Lots and Lots of Stockings.   Which should be a good thing, right?  

Well, I post  something like this every year, complaining how we are swamped and can't seem to find time to sleep.   It happens every year, so you would think I am used to it by now.  But this year is different.   This year... is a fixing to become a Record Year.    And Cheryl and I are doing everything we can to not lose any sales while also trying not to lose our minds.

Cheryl shows excitement.

Cheryl says this is the worst kind of success. Perhaps that is why we fear success and fame and all the lovely baggage that comes with such things.    Instead of feeling happy,  we feel angry!  Tired!  Frustrated.  Demoralized.  Basically, everything that everyone else has been feeling for the last 11 months of 2020.  

God's Idea of bounty!

Cheryl and I talked about it and we both think that someone is to blame for our success.   We eliminated ourselves, since, if we actually knew what we were doing half of the time, we would probably be a lot richer.  I think that is called: taking credit.  Sure, everyone wants to take credit when things are going smoothly and you're successful.  But Cheryl and I have been playing this business game long enough to know  our success has nothing to do with ourselves. 

The joke?  This is our work area!




So, we both agree that this is all God's Fault.  I'm sure he thought it would be a "Good Idea"  to flood Allenbrite Studio with sales during a pandemic to "really help those two out during a tough time."  Thanks God.   I think the expression is "My cup runneth over..."   The problem is that the Beverage is Hot and it is burning our hands as we are trying to hold that cup without a saucer!  

I'm running out of room for 
socking picures.

Now before you judge me too harshly on my joke about God.  I would like to think that God has a great sense of humor and gets the joke.  In the end,  God knows where I stand on things.   And he also knows that Humans are the WORST at displaying gratitude.   And again, I blame God for making us that way...  ( I can hear God Chuckling. )

So,  It is just after 7 pm... again!   We are still working.  ( convos, picture, taking inventory.)  By the way,  the newest limiting factor is the  Buttons again!   We are behind 99 stockings as I write this with 17 custom orders on hold.   Cheryl says we can sell another 70 stocking before we are out of felt.  But our Snowflake Buttons are dwindling down there now, and if we do not get them soon,  we could have to close the shop because of buttons. (My area of responsibility!)   Things are looking bleak and we may have to close the shop mid week during the busiest week of the year.    But that should mean we are in new record territory.   Wish us luck!   And maybe a towel and a saucer  for all this "bounty" that God is bestowing upon us.   

Thanks for stopping in. 

3 comments:

L. D. said...

You two continue to amaze me. You are a smooth running machine cranking ouut all those wonderful stockings. Your quality of work is so great and you stamina is amazing. Stay tough and strong.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Buttons...who knew? Hang in there you can rest later in the month! Of course God is in charge!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You could always use sequins and sew them on to look like snowflakes, there is actually a snowflake sequin out there...or you could use embroidery thread and sew a snowflake pattern right on the socks!...never give up! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails