Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Thundersnow in Iowa!


I guess it is very rare.   VERY rare!  To experience thunder snow.   Honestly, I was going to skip blogging today because not much happened.   We went to Muscatine ahead of the predicted snow storm,  did some errands, and came home well before the first snow flakes began to fall.   The wind is howling and the snow is blinding..  Good day to stay at home.  ( Good thing we do not have jobs we have to drive home from in this crap...)  


But then....  Lighting flash!   Thunder Snow!   BOOM!   I am not a meteorologist, but I know that thunder and lighting during a snow storm are pretty rare.  In fact, I don't think I have ever experienced it before tonight.  But, after seeing a viral video of a Weatherman freaking out because he got to experience Thunder snow... I instantly knew what it was.  And that must have been pretty rare for that guy to wig out like that.  



It just happened again!   Two times in one night.   That has to be Uber rare!   

Other than that, I played around with the Embroidery Machine again, working on another Mushroom design for one of my "Mushroom Hunting" Shirts.  (What?   Doesn't everyone have a shirt dedicated to hunting mushrooms?)   I'm too lazy to take the pic in better light.   Perhaps I will show it off in a later post.   At least it mostly looks like a Lobster Mushroom.   I spent the majority of yesterday polishing up the design to look presentable.   

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe on this stormy night.   Maybe you live in a warmer climate and are simply getting rain.   Or not.  Either way,  Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Thundersnow...I've been in 3 of them while working as a security guard. It is wicked cool and generally means that snow is going to dump hard and fast.
Today's agenda is to see who will run the skid steer to clean up. I really don't like it much and would rather have a little utility Ranger and plow.

We thankfully didn't get the 10 inches! Whoot!
LOL on the mushroom hunting shirt!



Far Side of Fifty said...

Gotta love Thunder Snow...we have heard it once in awhile! Stay busy, stay safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails