Monday, May 2, 2022

Installing the Subie Back Up Camera!

The Back Up Camera....

As in: "Camera that keeps you from running things over when you back up..."   NOT "Camera that will be held in reserve when the main camera breaks".    The Bean Subie does not have a "main" camera currently.   But if I lost you with the title... I shall clarify soon enough. 

Where's the manual?

The Bean came with a radio that allows for a camera that displays when you put the car in reverse.  Normally, I would not care about such trivial tech...  But then the Zakoseks with their fancy Ford Monster Truck demonstrated the ABSOLUTE AWESOMENESS of having a back-up camera.  It allows them to parallel park in the tightest of parking slots with ease. And not run over people who walk behind their car as they back up. ( Or hit a tree stump... But we can skip that part..)

Not complicated at all.

And besides, I have been wanting to get into the Bean's Dash for several weeks now.  Mostly to install a button that allows you to program it without being in Park.  It is a long story... Especially since the radio's owner's manual is long gone with the previous owner.

It works!

After several YouTube videos and a cautious car panel removal,  I managed to install the camera with only one mis-spliced wire assembly. You can only imagine my SHOCK when I turned on the car and had it actually WORK!   Amazing!

Cheryl the Camera Critic....

Cheryl is not as impressed as I am.  But she should be!  It IS her car after all.   And she kind of sucks at backing up.   ( Only one fatality, but we can skip that part.)  Being able to look behind us without a spotter or a sore neck sounds like a great improvement now.  I can hardy wait to be one of those snobs that exclusively back up into grocery parking spots. ( Like our Neighbor....She is such a perfectionist.)  

On the walk today,  the kids beat me to the Sidewalk.   This is awesome!  I would have probably joined in had I not been busy with the car.   Then again,  it is scheduled to rain tonight and tomorrow.  I usually skip days if rain is in the forecast. 

But it certainly looks like they had a good time.  Kids say the darnedest things, so it is fun walking along and reading their "Inspirational Slogans".   

So I had a productive day!  And I even managed to impress myself!  ( And that is not something that happens very often!)  And it is only MONDAY! 

Don't pay any attention to her...


I'm feeling so inspired... It causes me to wonder what other Feats of Magic can I achieve this week? 

I guess I have a Bike that needs attention.  Perhaps I will have the chicken wire to fix it myself.   Who knows?   But after a Win like today,  I am feeling pretty optimistic!      Wish me luck!  And thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails