Friday, May 27, 2022

Making New Friends.

 As I mentioned before,   I tend to make a lot of animal friends out in the wilds of Iowa Farm country.  Mostly the cows and horses, if they are able to go near the fence.  And sometimes various dogs and cats that happen to be in their yard as I pass by.  I used to know all of the dogs and cats By Name!  But many of them have passed on  over the years, and now, I have to start all over. 

But today,  I managed to find an undiscovered treasure trove of  cuddly cuteness!  I went down one of the class "B" roads towards a couple of farms where there is a large Burmese Mountain Dog.  I have not seen him for a while and wanted to see if he was still kicking around the houses.   Instead,  I saw some puppies!

The puppies looked rather shy, but when I dismounted the bike to take a closer look,   out comes a tidal wave of Kid Goats! 

They were ADORABLE!  And very friendly.   They wanted to lick my hands and nibble on my hat while I petted them.  So cute!  

I snapped a few pictures before leaving,  and fed them a few tender handfuls of clover that was on the other side of the road.  They seemed to enjoy it. 

On the way back home, I stopped to pet Diesel and the unnamed Chocolate Lab before feeding the cows that they "guard".   The cows are now very bossy and call out to me if I pass by without feeding them the green stuff on my side of the fence.  But they are still fun to pay attention to. 

I should also mention that I saw a kit fox yesterday.  He was sitting in the middle of the road as I approached.  He must have been young, as his tail was thin.  But there was no mistaking the ears and nose. Very cute. 

And finally,  Cheryl got her award for 3rd place finisher at the Little Rock Marathon.  She was a little disappointed in the time and size of the award.   ( Her time was actually  a few seconds short of 3:27.00)  But official times and engraving specs probably conspired to round the time up, instead of down.   A small cross to bear. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend this weekend.   We may have things to do that are not running and not sitting alone at home.  I will have more information when the time comes.  In the mean time...  thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Nice! I have reconsidered goats for cleaning up my woods! But the fencing to do that is hard!

I love goats. I just don't like trying to keep them in! I milked some dairy goats for a few years for our family milk.
They are intelligent and sometimes a bit too smart!

Wow. That fox!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a cute kit! I like goats too...they can be real characters:)

L. D. said...

Love the goats. I have to drive west to see cows especially large bulls where they sell them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails