Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back Where We Belong.

A full week at ACT and I finally feel back in my element....somewhat. At least we are among the snobbishly educated ( I say that with a wink and a smile) passing judgement on poor high school students attempting to get into college. I'm just kidding! I don't feel like Lord and Master of these poor kids fate, nor do I feel like a snooty elitist. However, the reading is fun at times, boring at others, and every now and then you find one that is rather entertaining. One thing I find is that reading these papers makes me what to jump back into the classroom and teach ENGLISH! ( I wanted to be a math teacher!) The writing level I must tell myself, is one of students TRYING to get into college. Meaning: they are not at the college level yet. I also know that at that age, my writing was probably no better. It is funny that, from time to time, I'll read a paper that will remind me of something that I once wrote years ago. I would like to think that my writing has improved over the years, through constant repetition and practice. Also, my world view has matured so that I can offer some life experiences to my bag of education. I do believe that a COMMAND of the English language is essential to an education. And if you struggle with writing, no matter how brilliant you are in other fields, you will sound less knowledgeable. Even now I wonder if my skills are up to the task. I guess the worst thing about being educated, is the knowing that you don't know anything, and never will! The world is too vast for your small little brain to grasp in 80-100 years of life. But I will continue to try to learn as much as I can as long as I can....assuming I do not slip into Dementia when I turn 80+.... OH! Before I forget! I hope you notice that the shop is back up and running! We plan on working on stuff during the weekend and perhaps after work. The nice thing about the ACT job is the hours. we can come and go as we please, take breaks when we want, and only have to put in 30 hours instead of 40! We even get paid more than Civco! If you need to check out the shop, Click on the stockings on the right.....Hopefully you will find something you like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails