Sunday, February 3, 2013

Walrus, Dragon, And Carnations....Oh My!

I forgot about the Walrus!  One of my better ones, the paper was larger and it turned out a little more realistic.

 I still think there are better designs out there, but for now, I will have to continue to tweek tis one to make it better....or at least where I want it to go.  I guess it must have been a big hit at the ACT because it did not last long.  Hopefully, someone gave it a good home instead of the Janitor throwing it away.

   I'm actually a little curious what the maintainence men think about those things randomly placed around the building.   Do they like them?   Hate them?  Or simply throw the away without a second thought.   I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain that most of them are not left around long enough for the maintainence staff to even consider the various options.  Ah well,  If it became a problem, I'm sure someone would tell me. 

As mentioned before,  I started the Ancient Dragon this weekend and had to stop around step 80.  I did not get a chance to work on it today, But I know I'll keep plucking along at it just like I did with the last one.  I always think I can complete it all in one setting, and so far,

 I have not been able to stay focused enough to finish it in less than 4 days!  No worries.  I've got plenty of time and no one is waiting for it.  As you can see,  the folds are rather complex as you have to collapse them over and over again.  So there are very few simple folds once you get the precreasing done. 

So what do you do when you are at your limit for the super complex models?   Why,  Fold flowers of coarse!  I had a few pieces of paper left over that did not have a mate,  so I thought this was the perfect time to fold some carnations.  I think they turned out pretty well.  After that,  A simpler version of a dragon.

 This one is made of cardstock and is not as elaborate as the ancient dragon.  It has no horns or claws.   The cool thing was that I was able to sculpt it  quite a bit with the wet folding.







  I'm not sure how this week is going to pan out.  We had overtime hours on Saturday and the Project may be winding down at the ACT.  I'm not sure if there will be another project coming up in the near future either,  But I may actually welcome the time off if we get it.  There are always stockings to sew up and books to write, and, of coarse, Origami!  Hope everyone has a great week since this weekend was WAY too short!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails