Monday, February 23, 2015

Paper Towel Origami?

DSC_8830      I’m not sure how I feel about this one.   Folding models  with sheets of Viva and foil.  The Viva is tough and cloth-like,  but is small, thick-ish, and uniformly white.  I guess all paper has its limits after all….but i want to see how it would look. DSC_8833 

 

 

 

DSC_8832

 

 

 

So I chose a couple of fairly simple models to see how things would turn out.  The Paper towel stayed glued to the foil,  which is usually an issue  I think the bulldog head should have turned out better, but is is not terrible.  I really like how the pig turned out.DSC_8836 

 

I’ll have to explore this a bit more.   The size of the starting paper is only about 11 inches square.  I could experiment on making larger sheets,  but that could open up a Pandora's box of problems.  They also look “flocked” .  Cheryl thinks this is a good thing.  I’m not really a fan of fuzzy paper, but at least it does not look like that expensive Korean paper I occasionally play with.DSC_8834 

As for color,  Cheryl says we can dye the towel any number of colors if we want to experiment more.  An interesting proposal as the paper may have to get wet, then dry then glue up to the foil.  I have tried to wet fold this paper before without the foil and it was a disaster!  DSC_8837

 

 

 

So enjoy the pics.   And I’ll see if I can fold up some cardstock versions later to compare them.  Enjoy!

 

VIVA!0003600028786_500X500

 

 

+Compounded-Aluminum-Foil-9-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails