Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Freezing Rain, More Deer, and Christmas Tree Instructions.

Cold and Wet Morning
The Deer Show us how to run in Mud.
Winter is coming,  as the pelting balls of Ice demonstrated this morning.  I should be thankful that it was not snow or rain.   And that it quit just before we ran this morning.   Still,   the ground was spongy and muddy,  causing Cheryl and my bike to struggle.  I would say that the temp has fallen as well.   Looks like the Turkey Trot will be a cold one.

The Four Deer of The Apocalypse! 

While running this morning,  we kicked up the "harem" of the local buck.   5 does ran down the entire trail ahead of us,  demonstrating that they can handle the mud better than we can.
Catching up on stockings.






Cheryl will soon be buried!








We just finished the stockings and are now relaxing.   It is difficult to unwind after a tough day....  but the Holiday is upon us and can't wait to enjoy it.


New -ish Tree!
Not a lot of parts???
Yesterday,  I set up the Christmas tree.    I had some extra time and I figured I may not have the luxury after black Friday.   We purchased this tree last year at 75% off  after Christmas sales.  We have held on to it all this time.   I can't remember the last time I set up a Christmas tree. But looking at the instructions,  I appeared I could follow this one without reading too much.   Lucky me!
The Instructions seem easy...


I think there is a part missing...
Isn't Technology wonderful!   I used to have to unwrap each branch and set out the colors.... which had rubbed off after the first use.   And then fit it together like a jig saw puzzle.  Not so with this one!

Found it!   Done!
Cheryl is impressed.
Hiro is Impressed...  But he is not going to Climb it.
One...Two....Three... Four!  Done!   In the Corner where the lamp used to be.   The toughest part was moving the end table and lamp!  Cheryl likes it a lot.   I think Hiro does too.

Hiro with the "Climbing Cats"















Funny.  The cat does not want to climb in it as he once did when he was a kitten I guess without the evil influence of Rashi and Red,   he must think the tree is rather boring.   ( It was Red that loved to climb trees, after all)

So tomorrow I will be blogging from Des Moines, as Cheryl prepares to run off that Turkey Dinner we are not going to eat.

 That is correct,  we are skipping out on Thanksgiving this year.   We don't need the extra poundage that over-indulgence provides, and we already got our Family obligations out of the way.  I'm thinking they will probably be happy with two less people there anyway.   Most of the extended family have to do two Thanksgivings  with both families.   This might sound cold and dark,  But I'm almost relieved my family is no longer around!   (That is a Joke!   We always had a ball during Thanksgiving!)   But Too much Family on one day can really take a toll on your sanity.   Just my opinion.
"So if the Turkey was bad.... 

Last Year's Thanksgiving....
Hope everyone else is planning to have an awesome Thanksgiving.   We used to go Hunting in the morning on Thanksgiving day and then pig out  when we got home. ( Dad and Larry ( Dad's Friend) Actually got a Deer! Hunting  on one Thanksgiving day!  )  We would be so Famished when we finally got home ( usually around 4:30 PM)  that we would have eaten the plates!  Mom was not the best cook,  But she could definitely do Thanksgiving.   Ah the Memories!   Too bad I don't hunt nor can I eat like that anymore.   One of the down sides of age I guess.     Thanks for stopping in.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails