Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Running For Giant Puffballs


Today, Cheryl and I took a chance on the Kewash trail.   It has been a while since we last visited it, and since Cheryl had a busy day, it was close enough to visit and be home at the alloted time.

Giant Puffball.

Just a little too old. 
I was rather excited to go there as well.   Last year around this time, we discovered a bunch of Giant Puffballs!   Mushrooms that are the size of basketballs are always exciting.  While Cheryl ran down the trail, I kept my eyes open for large white spherically shaped objects in the median. 
At least as large as my foot!

Cheryl sees More! 
Several right by the trail!
We found a few.  But they were already past their prime.  My guess is all the rain we have had this year has thrown a gear into the normal production process.  At least they were easy enough to find.   We found a couple righ next to the trail when we rode our bikes out here a couple of weeks ago.  Those were old as well.  Too bad.

Really past their prime though. 
Not very white anymore. 
Cheryl has been a little stressed as of late.   Seems running, scoring, and now stockings are beginning to take their toll on her mental state.  I should add in that both of us caught a pleasant cold at that Hawkeye 5K.  (Another reason to avoid 5K's...  and other People!)  The cold, for me, is mostly in my nose; and I hope it goes away soon enough.   Cheryl just started to feel the symptoms.   She may have a differant reacion than me though.... seeing as she is so "healthy" while I'm ....not.
This morning's find, hidden off trail. 

Cheryl works out with the cat.


We both probably felt it as soon as the race was finished.   Instead of feeling all excited to finally be inside Big Grove Tap Room,   we both felt "Meh..."  That pretty much sums up the mood around here lately.  It could be the cold, it could be the change in season.  It could be surviving that last Pearson Project.

Hiro does sit-ups like I do. 
Mostly, I just lay there. 
But now,  Cheryl has ETS and SAT.  And, just for fun, she turned ou the stocking shop to see what would happen.   Well,  we turned it on and a day later sold 10!   As usual, we are ill prepared for that level of sales.   Mostly because we thought we were going to be done with it this year.  All of our supplies are stored away, bagged, missing, lacking, thrown out, or Cheryl gave them away to Goodwill!   We hung on to the Felt, buttons and machines...  thankfully.  So it will be one of those "rolling starts" once again.
Cheryl remains Active!  



I would have taken pictures, but the battery on my phone died and Cheryl was no going to wait around for me to recharge it.  I understand.

Look at her go!  All that energy!
She makes it look easy. 
So.... no puffballs,  very little running, and more work than we know what to do.   There are only so many hours in a day and Cheryl's mental state can only handle a fraction of that... So something has to give.  Since scoring has been on the menu all summer, I'm sugesting we dump the scoring and go after the stocking money,   Besides, the stocking money is better... usually.   And stockings only last a couple of months and they they are done.   Similar to harvesting corn.   Makes sense to me... now if only I can convince Cheryl...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails