Thursday, October 4, 2018

Things You May Only Hear At Allenbrite Studio.


We are back in the stocking making business!   Meaning,  requests, customs,and, occasionally... sales.  I actually enjoy this time of year...  mostly because Cheryl does all of the work and I help out with a button or two now and then. But today I wanted to catalog one of the perks of working from home with each other.

Cheryl occasionally says things that make no sense to anyone outside the business.  Meaning:  Only I understand what she means.    This happens so often, I barely register these sayings and phrases.  But today she said something even I had to chuckle at.

"Let me look in my bag of cats."

She did not even know how odd that must sound to another person.  When I alerted her to the strange phrase, she gave me a confused look. It is n ot like we have a bag of kittens lying around the shop and Cheryl occasionally digs inside to pull one out.   She, of course, means her stocking patterns.   And "Cats" are a favorite category for pet lovers.
Is this what she means?
This got me to think about the other odd things that probably mean very little or sound confusing to strangers.

"We need more Haybale."

"Does this Dog have a tail?"

"Way to go Leo!"
JUICE! JUICE! JUICE! 
"I just want to Juice them!"


Is Stupid really stupid?
Or a differant kind of smart...
"AAH  HHAA.  I'm with Stupid."


There are many more,  mostly Sgt Frog references and a few Shin Chan. I guess it is difficult to remember them when you are trying.
Mistakes were made.  Mostly in the past... and on various
Astroids and comets....Let's check the list...


Action Bastard says: "Eat It!" 
Other than that, Subie goes in to get that annoying Airbag replaces tomorrow.  I have been trying to tick away the little things that have been bothering me about since the job finally ended.   One was replace and service the brakes.  Check!   Next week will be replacing the tires.  As for today,  I took apart and oiled up the locking mechanism for the trunk.   Fun time!
I get a New Airbag! 
Hope everyone is having a good week so far.   Yesterday was Hot but today is back into the Autumn Chill.   I like the cooler temps better.   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails