Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Good Day For Making A Snowman!

A Snowman is in the Yard. 
 Today, the sun has made an appearance and a hint of warmer weather has appeared. It is just enough to make the snow a bit melt-y....  So what better way to enjoy the great outdoors than to make a snowman!

nice scarf...
I couldn't find a carrot. 
I have been wanting to make one since the first fresh snow fell about a week ago.  And ever since I saw the Neighbor kids across the street had made one.  I have not made one since I was in my 30's... I think.   Because my philosophy is that you are never to old to make a snowman.   And, since we have no kids to be mature adults for,  I have remained an "immature adolescent" at heart.   Time to get my inner child on!
Sure.... Everyone has "ideas"....

One thing about making snowmen...  Everyone has a different way to doing it.   And they are always willing to "help" by pointing  out how you are doing it wrong.   Case in point:  The neighbor child upstairs.

He has just turned 5 and was offering "help" from their second floor window.  He asked if he could come outside to "really help"...  But his Mom told him he had to eat all of his food before going outside.   Naturally...  \He did not get to help.    Mostly because he could not tear himself away from the window long enough to eat all of his cucumber salad and sliced pears.    But I'm sure he felt he contributed plenty with the generous amount of  advice he offered me.
Melt-y snow is HEAVY!

As mentioned before,  it has been a while,  and I had forgotten just how heavy a large ball of snow is.   I doubt the kid could have helped me pick the thing up to stack them.   But I almost considered it for a moment.  ( Very brief Moment..)  I ended up cutting the ball in two and stacking it in pieces.  In the end.. I think it all worked out.
Subaru Oil Change... 

It has a Boxer Engine...  
It did not take long for the snowman to begin falling apart.   As I look out the window, he has already lost both of his eyes and a couple of buttons.  At least he lasted long enough for the picture and blog post.
Always with the Eagles. 
And another one. 
Other than that,   I changed the Oil in Subie, biked while Cheryl ran,  snapped a few pics of the Eagles. ( Simply can not get enough of the Eagles!) And folded a cat.
Hiro and Leo in my spot! 

Cheryl runs during the nice weather. 
Speaking of cats.   Leo the "Part -Timer"  Has been spending the nights with us, playing with me and Hiro.  It appears Hiro and he are friends now.   I actually think Hiro enjoys the company after being alone for five years. ( Five years!  Has Rashi really been gone that long?)  I hear them tearing up the paper and cardboard  late at night after we have climbed into bed.  Hiro likes to be chased and taunt him when Leo is trying to sleep.  I'm just happy they get along and do not fight.

At least they get along. 
The warming trend is supposed to continue...  So I'm not holding out much hope for Mr. Snowman.   Snowmen are always only temporary anyway.   What better way to show off your Superior Artistic Sculpting Skills while  simultaneously  taunting the neighbor's Child.

See... I told you I never really matured.   Perhaps he will drag his mom out there and they can build one of their own.  And then we can have a competition...   I'm pretty sure I would be able to CRUSH a 5 year old's snowman making skills and dreams... even if he DID have some help from his mother.   Bring it on!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice cap on your snowman! Our snow is too dry to make a snowman. Looks like you had fun anyways!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails