Sunday, February 16, 2020

A Nice Day for Origami.

Hiro with a good Idea.....
 The weather has warmed up this weekend.  It had been in the negatives for several days,  causing Subie to not want to start briskly...  But I managed to work the full week anyway.   They managed to keep the roads clear and the cold never really stopped anyone except the school.   Looks like Monday will be my last day on the project, as it wraps up.  I had planned on Friday being my last day,  but I got talked into coming on Monday... Bummer.

So the goal today is to relax and enjoy my remaining 16 hours before going back to Pearson.   The Cat has the right idea.   Perhaps I will take a nap.  Or at least recline on the couch and page through some videos on Youtube.  We shall see.

Scottish Terrier
In the mean time,  I have been folding a few things.   At least I try to before all of my creative juices evaporate.   Today I folded another cat and a couple of dogs.


In the event you can't tell,  this one is a Scottish Terrier.   The proportions may be a little off, but I was hoping to capture the head at least.   The design is simple enough, but the rest is "art" so there are lots of folds that are not part of the design.
Yorkshire Terrier














And then there is the Yorkshire Terrier.   A little more challenging.   This was probably not the best design for it, but I thought my "art" might carry through.   They are a very harry pup,  and there are many versions of the dog, depending if you ever take it to the groomer for a haircut.   I chose the Longhair version  so I would not have to focus on legs.  I think there is room for improvement.

Other than that,  we ran/biked this morning and are currently chilling with the cat. One of our co-workers made  us a cat bed out of heavy yarn.   I thought Leo the Part-Timer would adopt it, but looks like Hiro has made his claim.  You can catch him sleeping in it when he thinks he is alone.  He has never really liked cat beds before, but this one seems to have captured his imagination.  Hopefully Silvia will read this blog and see the pictures Cheryl sent her was not a fluke.
Hiro secretly loves the knit Basket...
Hope everyone is having a great weekend... Even though it is almost over.   One more day of Pearson and I will have several more days off before the next project begins.  I wonder what I will do with my new found time....  We shall see.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I like your origami projects. About ten (!!) years ago I bought an instruction book on origami but never used it. You've inspired me to retrieve the book and reconsider....

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well done, I think you have missed your calling:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails