Sunday, February 9, 2020

Climate Change In Iowa.... When Protesting the Weather Works!

Let's protest something we
can actually change for once!
What a great idea!  Protesting the
Weather!
Yesterday,  the temps and wind were so cold, I about froze my toes off!    Cheryl mentioned we should protest the weather...  Which got me thinking.  Who doesn't like a good protest?  (Or Polka?!?) You get to take the day off of work and hold a sign that you made in your living room  out of paper and wood ( two of my most favorite materials...) decorated with witty slogans and memes!   What could be funner?   ( Pearson Project Comparative word meaning: More Fun.)
I should have read this first...

Not as witty and I would have liked,
 But it got the Job done!
Not that protesting ever works.    All it does is disrupt traffic, breaks windows and starts fires.   But with the weather so inhospitalable ( Pearson Project Word meaning: Not very people friendly.) I thought, "What do we have to lose?"

Cheryl with a Non-Raincoat.
The rain comes down...
Well the sign must have worked!  Because instead of cold temps, Ice and snow... we got rain.    Lovely rain.   Hey, Hypothermia is probably better than Frost Bite in the long run, right?    It figures that a protest sign would not work the way it was intended.  But at least we could get outside and run without fear of breaking a leg or cracking a skull on slippery ice.

Windbreakers are NOT rain coats.  Looks like a little
rain soaked through.... How fun!

Surprisingly, there were more people out walking and running than expected.   Perhaps they had the same idea that this was their last shot at getting a run in before the work week began.  And that Protesting the weather was  going to work somehow... Or that the "Really Bad Weather" was yet to come later this week.  ( I hear freezing rain is in the forecast..)

However,  there were not many Eagles out this morning.   I guess the eagles dod not enjoy the rain much either.   I did see a few in a far away tree...  but none in their usual spots along the trail.  Not that I need any more eagle pics for the blog.
Time for Tea and Internet.


But now we are back home in the warm and dry confines of Allenbrite Studio.   Cheryl was planning on making some trinket with the cat.   I'm not sure how far they got on anything.   I was having a difficult time trying to fold paper,  knowing  that I have to go back to work tomorrow... alone.    In the cold...  (Brrr.)

And crafty time with Hiro...
Other than that,  kind of a boring weekend.   Sure, it beats working,  but it is so much more fun (Funner? ) when we actually get to do stuff outside and NOT have to deal with the hostile weather.  With a little luck,  this will be the last week of my project.   And then I will have a little more time to blog and possibly fold.   Or whatever else I choose...  if the inspiration hits me.   We shall see.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Let me know how that goes for you I will make a sign and put it in a snowbank! Stay warm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails