Tuesday, February 25, 2020

When Doing Nothing Takes All Of Your Time...

I have discovered that being a bum suits me.  I could literally do this everyday!  It makes you wonder why old people die just when the living is getting good.   Playing bridge, shuffle board,  Bingo,  (Far Side of Fifty has it going ON!)   And fishing sounds like a pretty good life to me.   I'm beginning to think that the Longevity gene is a myth... and the people who live into their hundreds are actually "busy" doing nothing....

Yesterday.  Slightly warm-ish. 
But that does not leave much to blog about.   I suppose I could use these pages to put my philosophy on paper...(Hmm, I guess I actually DO do that...See the above Paragraph.) But mostly I guess I write about the little things.
She looks happy... But don't be fooled. 


Like weather.   It has turned a little colder.  Yesterday,  Cheryl wore shorts on her run.  Doesn't she look happy?
After a run... Time for a Banana.


But today,  a strong wind brought that temp back down to pants weather.   Rather bleak and overcast at the moment.  At least it did not rain.   ( Although there is snow in the forecast... maybe.)




Alaskan Beer and Banana Bread.
Such Healthy Choices... 
My first "Slightly Illegal"  Beer.  
But back home,  we're back to eating Banana Bread and enjoying beer.  Hey!  They had a sale on Alaskan Beer!  Believe it or not,  The Alaskan Amber beer was the first beer I ever had in a bar!  I was 19 and they did not card me.  (Ah, the good old days back in the '80's )   It was the ONLY beer I had as I did not want to push my luck.   And I thought it was the best beer I ever had. 
Love Hops. 

So many NEW choices.
But now, there are so many Great  beers out there,  it is hard to remember exactly what I was thinking.  I'm sure it was just the excitement of getting away with a "slightly" illegal activity that added to the flavor.  I was never much of a "adult beverage drinker" in college or even while in the Army.  In fact,  I rarely enjoyed beer before I came to Iowa.  ( It happened to be when the craft brewing industry exploded... so that is possibly  one of the reason I gush about beer these days.)  Beer always tasted "bad" to me until I sampled the  Alaskan Amber.   I heard that it had won several awards back then and it is still on the brewer's list  30 years later!  That must mean something...

And Alaska! 
And Dogs....  Who doesn't like dogs?
But now they have new stuff.   Galaxy Smash is a favorite...  Along with "Hopothermia"  ( I think that may have been a seasonal/ special addition beer.  I have not seen it since last winter.)   But Cheryl and I enjoyed the Husky the other day and wanted to sample a few others.  ( Can you Tell I love IPA's....  Specifically, anything with a Heavy Bitter Hop flavor....)  We bought the Sample pack to try several. I can't wait!
Looks better. 
Even from the side. 
Otherwise,  I continue to fold paper.   Cheryl is making Jewelry and I fold paper.  I guess you simply can't shelve the Crafting bug.   I managed to fold possibly my best sleeping cat thus far.   I figured out that if you work on the head first,  you can actually shape it before it stiffens up and becomes impossible.
Origami Star Destroyer.  6 Parts!
Additionally,  I folded a few roses and flower parts before tackling my greatest challenge.   The Star Destroyer  from Star Wars.   It requires 6 dollar bills!   And has taken most of my afternoon.   I still need to Hodge Podge it so as to give it a little stability.  Yesterday,  I folded NOTHING!   It was one of those "no folding days" where everything I attempt looks like crumpled paper.   But today, I must have felt a little better to tackle such a model.   I'll have to post pictures after it drys and is finished.
The best way to spend the day, 
Hope everyone is enjoying their down time.... if they have any.   I simply can't imagine anyone not enjoying their free time... But I know there are people who are driven crazy unless they are working. From a certain perspective, I guess I could be filed into that category.  But I mostly end up folding paper and giving it away.  Not  a very productive way to spend your time for society...if that matters to anyone.   Ah well,  what are ya gonna do....?

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes doing nothing suits me. I love my days off where I can do what I want. I HAVE to go to Bingo every Thursday because it is the only outing my 93 year old Dad enjoys! It also gives my Mom a night off. I think she appreciates that more than ever!
I have so many projects and hobbies...sometimes it is hard to decide what fun thing to do next!
Housework etc is done in the morning:)
Enjoy your free time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails