Thursday, February 13, 2020

Brownie Wars at Pearson.

This last week,  only the PTE project is left, working at Pearson. ( Me!)   Most of the other projects finished up  on Monday... leaving only my group on my side of the room to soldier on with the scoring.   IT is a pretty boring job...  And requires LOTS of sugar and caffeine.   So leave it to Cheryl to start a war while she is not there.





The war I am referring to is one of Baking.  There are several folks who bring in treats from time to time to keep moral up.  ( Because,  let's face it...money alone is not enough!) Sometimes it is old Christmas Candy..  or the Local HyVee bakery sale Items.   But there are at least a handful of people who make things from scratch.   ( And by "scratch,"  I mean,  they baked it themselves...)  It could be a simple Toll House recipe....  Doesn't matter if it is baked fresh from someone's kitchen.  It beats the Store Bought stuff any day.








And so Cheryl has entered the battle.   Armed with a new Recipe book for brownies. (Extreme Brownies)   The first batch she made was for her side of the room... for her Iowa Field Test group.   They....  were less than enthusiastic.  "Is there nuts in those?  I shouldn't have anything with animal products or Gluten."   They... were not as dead inside as the PTE people.

But the first batch I bring to the PTE side...  BOOM!  They are gone before lunch!   And everyone LOVES THEM!

And then the Wars  contests began.   Anita is also a baker.   She baked toffee bars on one of the days when Cheryl had brought one of her batches of brownies.    Cheryl's brownies were gone while Anita had a few of her treats left.  Round one goes to: "Cheryl!"

But then Anita brought Monster Cookies.   Again, on a day I brought Cheryl's brownies ( Mint Chocolate Chip brownies!)    This time,  I think it was a tie.   Though I love Mint Chocolate chip,   Anita's Monster Cookies were GONE before the end of the day. ( They were soft with peanut butter, M&M's, oatmeal,  chocolate chips....etc.  Awesome)  There were a few of Cheryl's brownies left, but they were quickly consumed  the next day... and I brought 2 boxes... Lots of uber rich brownies can fill people up quick.

There are several others who also bake things.  Kyle and Ashley bring food periodically, but are currently not on a project.  Cheryl says that she loves it when other people bring home bakes things.  it really does brighten the day when you have something made with a little love and skill.   Today,  Anita sat this one out, but everyone ate Cheryl's Raspberry Blondies before lunch time again!  At room temperature, they were the BOMB!

All this baking does not help my waist line.   I try not to eat them at work, but Cheryl "forces" me to eat the end cuts and sample new recipees first.   It is a tough job, but if I don't do it... who will?

Well,  one more day for me this week, but it looks as if the project is going to spill over into Monday.. Possibly Tuesday as well.   Not very fun for me.  I had big plans for my week off.   Big plans to rest and recover mostly.   We shall see how things go. 

1 comment:

L. D. said...

Those brownies look wonderful. I have to go get something chocolate to eat after seeing this post. Your wife cooks up some great batches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails