Friday, February 28, 2020

Origami "Cat" -tastrophy!


 While folding possibly one of my best cat versions yet,  I ripped the paper in the final finishing moments.   It was going so well and I actually thought, " This is usually the time I mess with the model until I ruin it.  And that is when the Earth Shattering Rip happened.   Even Cheryl heard the sound from the Livingroom!


And RUIN it...I did!     I literally ripped the cat's FACE OFF!


Cheryl says I could glue the paper back on... Maybe.  I don't even know if it could be possible.   She suggested that I label the model a "Battle-Scarred Cat."   But this scar would end up being mortal, I'm sure.  (Hard to win over the ladies with your Face Ripped Off!)


As much as I doted on this model, it did not take as long as before to complete.  I decided to fold another one instead of trying to repair this one.  (If it is even "repairable".)

I think things are looking better.  I decided, since I was starting over,  I may as well attempt putting eyes on the face this time.   There is still room for improvement,  but I like how things are looking so far.

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a patient man! Eyes on an origami piece wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails