Saturday, February 8, 2020

Sometimes I wish I were Dumber....

It has been a long week at the Pearson Job.   I have not been able to blog because not much has happened and I am chronically tired every day afterwards.    But Cheryl had a fun time mid week.    She failed to Qualify for her third Prompt for her project.   This is a FIRST!   ( She has never failed a qual set before.) 
Now you might think this would be a devastating blow to her ego and our finances,  but  you would be wrong ( well... maybe the finances...)  Cheryl was practically giddy with delight that she would have the remainder of the week and all of next week off!   So lucky!

As for me,  I have to trudge on with PTE.  It is not bad,  but sometimes I think reading these essays makes me dumber!    And not in a good way... say, dumb enough to get kicked off the project.   No no no...   Just dumb enough to stay working, but slowly lose my vocabulary and grammar skills. ( And then  the blog suffers....    sigh!)

So while I have to travel back and forth to work for the next couple of weeks,  Cheryl gets to bake,  assemble necklaces, pet the cat, and laze around the apartment like a bum!   I'm so jealous!   She says she is bored most of the time, but at least she has the opportunity to run now. 

Granted,  without me,  I can't imagine anything being very fun.  ( There is no "fun" without "u" in the middle of it....  So I have been told.) So today, with the temps back in the teens,  we decided to go for a run/bike.   Together....kind of.   A  light snow fell last night and everything froze on the sidewalks.   The layer of ice was so thin, but enough to cause slipperyage.  (A Pearson Project word, meaning:   Cheryl can not run very fast because of the slippery conditions...  Don't bother looking it up.  I doubt it is in the dictionary.)
  She has been a little cautious lately because she feels the runner's knee flaring up again as well.   It would appear that her Unfittlyness ( Pearson Project  word: The condition of not being able-bodied.  Again,  Don't bother trying to find it in the dictionary)  has been progressing ever since she  held up,  took up, dropped up,    Ummm...Accepted? the job. (A Pearson Project slight mis-use of words in a series.) 

But we finished about 5 miles before her Garmin Bonked  out. ( A Runner word meaning: to die or fail while performing a task... such as running.)   The wind mixed with the cold just about froze my toes off!   I was happy we did not have to go around the lake more than once.  ( The path was clear,  but still had that black ice on it....  Not runner friendly!)



Finally back at home,  I had enough time to fold a cat.   I think the cats are getting better...  Ever so slightly.  I have been practicing a little bit  while at work.    It takes time and many models to figure out what you are doing wrong.  But finally the David Brill cats is beginning to look just like the one in the pictures.   I'm pretty happy about that.

Hope everyone is staying warm... if you live in the snow belt.  I hear the weather is supposed to get cold again.  Cheryl may be able to run as long as the snow and Ice stay away. We shall see how she feels about things tomorrow.    Thanks for stopping in.

 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well it does look like a cat! I am certain that Cheryl will have extra time to spoil you with home cookin' and foot massages when you get home from slaving away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails