Thursday, April 23, 2020

And Then She Made A Savory Norwegian Tart....

 I was not going to blog today, but then this happened and I simply could not let it go unnoticed.   A Vegetable Blue Cheese Tart.  Unlike the Apple tart... it is Awesome!  More than Awesome!  Awesome-er?  Will Spell check let me get away with that word?  Better yet.. We will go for the Superlative and say it is the MOST AWESOME TART EVER! 


Not really an exaggeration.  I am seriously in awe of the Norwegian's ability to make a tart out of vegetables.   Broccoli being my favorite!  It also had grilled onions and cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese and blue cheese.  All on a pastry crust.   It tastes very familiar...  Certain elements remind me of Family Reunions and Army Chow. ( The Army food was Always awesome.)   But there are also elements that are new and exciting. Baked Cheese with a lightly crisp and flaky crust.  I think of that Scene in Ratatouille.....  Only this was nothing like something my mother would make....  ( She was never a baker.  And not always a very good cook.)



There were other things worth blogging about, but this was what I felt had to be shared with the internet.     She also used the same crust to make several black jelly tarts pastries.   ( Yep, just put the jam/jelly of your choice in the middle and bake. )   They are now gone.   Turns out Cheryl could not leave them alone.




It is OK, though, She can have them all.   I will most likely eat the Savory tart all by myself...  I'm doing my best to leave at least half of it for tomorrow.   Since most of it is made of Vegetables ( Broccoli! Savory, tender Broccoli!),  I hope I can eat it without feeling too guilty... And can easily Bike it off with the evening rides.

Incidentally,  the 72 degree temps have made for favorable bike riding conditions.  We also ran at the Coralville trail this morning.   No mushrooms to write about!  Possibly because there was little to no rain last night.... Or today!  (They Promised!)   Perhaps we will look in a new locations tomorrow.   Fingers crossed.    Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks good! Cheryl is a great baker! Fun for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails