Sunday, April 19, 2020

Running, Biking, and Baking With The Great Cheryl Allen.

Running in Kewash. 
7 Miles... Easy!
The weather has slowly been getting better.   Still windy!  But better in the Temp department.  Cheryl has been running at the Kewash Trail to avoid people.. and mostly it has worked.   We ran there yesterday and only managed to pass three people.   That is still 3 more than normal, but we will take what we can get.
With Mushrooms!  And Lots of
USDA labeled "Bad Things". 

Quiche! Made simple.
To celebrate,   She came home and baked a Quiche!   I have only had a Quiche once in my lifetime... at Panera...  It was OK.  But Cheryl has been baking things from this Norwegian Cook Book that had an interesting Mushroom Quiche that she wanted to try.   She even bought a new pan for just such a thing.   I'll spare you the details and tell you it tastes even better than it looks!   It somehow managed to last until today. ( We just finished it up.)  I'm not sure about how bad the calories were in that thing, but there was LOTS of cheese, milk, and eggs on top of that buttery crust.  I would not suggest it to anyone with Heart problems...  Unless they want to die happy.


7 miles.... that was easy!  Again! 
Marathon Runner...
As for today,   we managed to not only run in shorts!  But also go to Bike at the Kewash trail.   There were plenty of people out trying to capture some of that warm weather and sunshine.    Two things that have been very scarce here in Iowa as of late.  It was still windy, but manageable.


Careful!  She has a Knife!
For Today's Special Bake Project,  Cheryl created a Raspberry Blueberry "Oatbake".  One word:  Oatbake!   Because....  It has oats baked in!  If you can imagine a granola bar with a moist berry cake baked on top of it,,, you probably would have the flavors pretty much nailed down.   It is good!  And Cheryl and I have been working our way through that thing as well.

Killing me with love....  And Lots of baked Goods!
Which brings me to how Cheryl 's boredom, mixed with her desire for adventure and making things.... WITH her overwhelming love for me...  is going to kill me!  Or at least it is sabotaging my diet plans for this forced house arrest.   How can I possibly gain any traction with all these new and exciting good foods around?   ( I could also point out the sale on Easter Candy as a possible additional contributor, but let's not get distracted.)  I was doing so well in the beginning...  I lost 10 lbs right away....

If the weather continues to get better, I know that afternoon biking really helps the tonnage disappear.   And as the Creme Eggs are used up, all I will have to do is avoid the "Cheryl's American Test Kitchen Show" for a week or two and I will be at my goal... Easy!   What could possibly go wrong?

And finally... Another Origami stop motion.   I have to admit... the paper is sending me a message.   I think the message is for me to do more exercises.   Watch the video and let me know what you think...

Thanks for stopping in and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow the Quiche sounds good and the other baked goods too! Lucky you!
I thought perhaps your folding was to remind you to do sit ups! That was some surprise to see a snail:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails