Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Remember When I Said I Though The Snow Was Done?.....

Snow?  How? 
And this is what happens when you
leave your bike on the Subie
overnight...
 Well,  It dumped on us last night.  It was "supposed" to be a 50 degree day today.  Our last "nice" day before the cold icy-rain mix hit us.   Well...  Say hello to the Snow!


But there is Wind.
Cold, but no snow.
Yesterday it was cold, but still tolerable.   The wind was a bit of a jolt, but Cheryl managed to run 7 miles in the Trueblood park.   There were a few folks out on the trail, but the hostile wind and bitter cold kept most of hem away.  In all, things almost seemed back to normal.
Cleaning off the Subie. 

Snow in the Middle of the Night.
But then the Snow came!  Late last night apparently.  I noticed around 5 A.M. when I was letting the "Part-Timer" cat out. He looked as shocked as I did!


With Hiro in the Background.
Leo the "Part Timer"
Speaking of the part -time cat.  I realized yesterday that I did not have very many pictures of him.  I snapped a few last night while he was playing around with Hiro.   Leo. ( The Part-timer)  is the Very Hairy, Rabbit Killer I was talking about before.  Hiro is the Orange short-hair.    He has killed his share of critters as well, but mostly he is retired from outdoor activities.. Like hunting and Holiday Gift Giving.



The Sun begins to do its Job.
Thankfully,  the snow is not sticking around very long.  The Iowa Sun has made short work of it in most areas.   The only remainders are where the shadows are.   And the cold temps are keeping it around just to mess with us.   Apparently,  the cold is supposed to last for the next couple of days.   I may have to wait until next week for any mushroom hunting opportunities.

Other than that,  Cheryl and I accidentally stumbled upon an Easter Candy Sale.... Where Creme Eggs are only 25 cents!   If you read this blog or know me in any way.... you can probably guess what happened.   To be fair, I did show a little restraint,  purchasing only 12 eggs!   There was a time where I may have bought $10 worth!  ( 40 eggs!... Yes, I am almost ashamed to admit it.)

Well, they lasted about as long as the colored eggs did.  I am currently paying the price with a "Sugar headache" is rather annoying.   At least it kept me from going back to the store and buying more.  You would think that I would know better than to "binge" on good sweets and treats.  I'm not young anymore and my metabolism reminds me it is not the same as it was back in my youth.  I seriously have to stop enjoying holidays...  Or food.   Or Both!
Hiro wants to Chase Birds...

As I head out to Feed the Neighbor cats their "undeserved treat",  I just noticed that it is snowing again!   Unbelievable!    How will the Mushrooms grow under 3 inches of snow?  ( Hey!  That Rhymes!)    Looks like we may have to pass on our evening bike ride.   The trail will most likely be either covered in snow... or muddy.  Either way, it is not much fun to ride  when the trail is soft and slimy.  And it will be cold and windy..  Not fun.

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry.  I thought living in Iowa would keep us from the "Freak Spring Snow".  I guess that is not how things work out.  Well, at least there are no Tornadoes... ( yet)
Stay safe and thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

Leo is a great looking fellow. I didn't find Easter candy like that but tomorrow I will be looking for them. The weather gets to be too different day by day. Thursday promises to be a bad one again. I have tall green grass from TruGreen treatments and I really need to mow that stuff. I wouldn't want to put my hand in the candy dish when you start devouring them one after another. Take care you two.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We missed Easter Candy this year...no jelly beans or peanut butter eggs...or butterfinger eggs...or peeps...you have more snow than Minnesota! Enjoy old guy winters last hurrahs! Cold here too a bitey wind:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails