Friday, April 3, 2020

Returning Birds, Returning Wind, And Horses That Fly!


A Windy day again in Iowa.   Chilly,  and Currently raining that cold spring rain no one enjoys...except maybe flowers.

Lucky for us,  we only had to deal with the wind this morning.   Not that much fun, but it DID keep many of the people away.  Maybe the numbers were down because they are sick...  or scared.   Or they are just smarter than us and stayed inside where it was warm and cozy.   Either way.. Seven miles with limited exposure to infected people is always a good thing.

I should note:  There is a possibility that one of the people encountered might have been actually infected.   Cheryl noted that the person was "sweating profusely!" while running along the trail.   We kept out distance and he might have been hot after running.  However, he was lightly dressed for such a chilly day ( 43 with a brisk wind!)  and even after 7 miles dressed up, Cheryl was not sweating at all!   He might have been combating a fever.....  So ... if after three days from today, we fall sick or die... I'm blaming him!

Otherwise,  we must have missed the Bird Lady.   She puts up bird houses for the swallows, martins, and blue birds.  I see the houses are set in their usual spots now.   We also saw several clusters of Coots!  A fun little white-billed bird.  I missed my chance at a great picture as many of them were right on the shore as we ran by.   I did not notice them until they scattered into the water. 

I should also note that the Turkey Vultures are back!   They have been back for several days now, but I never seem to have my camera handy when they fly over the apartment or road.  (They tend to not hang out next to the river like the Eagles did...)



And finally,  Another Origami Video.   I just realized I should put these things to music or something.   But they already take a long time just to film!  By they time I pick the perfect music ( and there is so much "BAD" music out there to ruin it...)  I might never get a chance to post it.   I guess I will work on the folding part first, as that seem to be the main challenge at the moment anyway.

Stay safe,  Thanks for stopping in, and enjoy the Video!   Cheers!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a flying horse! WE enjoyed it just fine without music.
Glad you got out and about....stay away from the sickies:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails