Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Drizzly Week In Review.

 It has rained everyday this week.   Sometimes just a little, but just enough o keep me from doing chalky things in the park. Sometimes there was wind and cold to accompany the rain, but mostly, it was just overcast and threatening.  

Luckily, we were able to run in the morning before any downpour occurred.   We ran in Muscatine twice..  including today.   Both days it was windy and overcast.   But today,  it looked like the sun was attempting to shine through. 

It was short lived.  Currently,  the clouds are gray and heavy.   Even now, a ray of sunlight taunts me into thinking I could go to the park and quickly outline a small character.   But I will not be fooled!  I know the moment I get out there, I will feel the drizzle on my head...  Mostly from the clouds!

Cheryl capped off the week with a 10 mile run.   She feels good doing longer runs on the weekend. ( I think... I don't really know.   She rarely "complains.") The temps tipped into the 60's before we finished and I got a little too warm while on the bike.   It might be time to retire the winter gear I have been wearing.  In fact, I possibly could have gotten away with wearing shorts this morning. Possibly...

But we finished it without incident and Cheryl had used her mind powers to help push her through.  Mostly she thinks about eating at Tee's as a reward.  I know that sometimes thinking of food helps me power through tough times.   And if you were to look at me, you would think I have a pretty rough life... ( Because I'm "chubbs".) But isn't that was exercising is all about?

As for me,  I have been playing around with Origami and making more chalk colors.   I have to stop myself on both subjects, as I quickly pile things up beyond reasonable limits.  If I do not use up the chalk soon, it will become dead weight that Cheryl will throw out...  And the same goes for Origami.   

Speaking of Origami!   There is an Event online where I get to fold with the "masters" in a virtual Origami USA "Foldfest".  If you know nothing of Origami, these names will mean little to you.  But for anyone who has ever purchased a book or folded something online,   These people are "gods!"  ( Lower case "g"...  )   Names like Robert Lang, Sipho Mabona, Satoshi Kamiya, Jun Maekawa, and Hoang Tien Quyet are some of my idols.   I have not made up my mind if I will be registering just yet.  (40$) but Hoang has a model I am drooling over and would love to see how he gets those folds and curves to work out so perfectly.



Sipho and Hoang both wet-fold a lot of their models.  We shall see how things go. 

Next week is  more cold and wind, but should be dry.   We shall see if I can get any sidewalk color to happen.   Fingers crossed.  

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I don't know much about origami at all except that it is neat. I have no talent there at all!
Next week looks like interesting weather. I'd say March will be leaving like a lion.

When I did runs, we usually only did one really long run on the weekend too. Sounds like a good plan. Is Cheryl going to do some marathons or half marathons this year?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wetfold...wow
that dragon fly is a beauty! Hope the Spring showers end for you soon, we need some or fire season will be bad:(

Jon said...


I never heard of a foldfest - and there is no doubt that I wouldn't last in one for two minutes.
The storms and rain have been incredible these past few days. On Thursday night there was a Tornado Watch and VERY strong winds. I like to think that the surrounding forest serves as some semblance of protection (of course, I could be wrong....)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails