Monday, March 15, 2021

March Maddness Strikes again in Iowa. With Snow!

Yes... it snowed last night.   Just when I was gushing about how nice the weather was.  Serves me right for taking Iowa weather for granted. One little breeze from Minnesota and our pleasant Spring landscape turns into a frozen tundra!  Well, at least the snow is not too deep.   

The temps are just below freezing, meaning the snow is not melting rapidly.   However, I'm sure if we get any sunshine ( tomorrow, perhaps)  the slushy mix will disappear and we can get back to being warm again. 

Speaking of  frozen arctic wind...  The wind gusts were so strong last night, that I woke up to the outside bench being over turned on the porch... Blocking he door!   I tried to let the cats outside at their usual time. ( Daylight savings does not fool them...) and Leo and I struggled to get the door open.  Leo was not very eager to go outside alone... in the dark... With the strong wind, heavy rain, cold temps, and sleet mixture.  I wonder why?  

I finally booted him, because he becomes like a bottled up child if he is not tossed outside after 6 am. He has long fur... and handles he coldest temps and even the pouring rain better than any cat I have ever seen.  


So.. no run or bike today.  Cheryl has been working on taxes.   They just passed a new legislation so she had to redo them all ... Again!  ( This is the second time she has had to redo them.) She may have to redo them a third time if we ever get those "relief checks"  Grandpa Joe has promised. AND if the geniuses in Washington decide to change the rules... again!

As for me...  I made some paper,   Cut some paper for Cheryl's "Book Binding Projects" and now I'm blogging.   Looks like a relaxing day once again. I could make more chalk, but I have more than I can carry currently. And it may be another week before I'm able to get back out there to doodle in the park. (Doodle... As in: Draw a chalk mural on the sidewalk....  Not any of those other meanings.)  Hope everyone is enjoying your weather better than we are, currently.  Happy Monday.. and  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

It is nearly a white out here, but hopefully the weather will melt things in a day or so. The dog is not impressed with the ice and blowing snow, he tried to walk without touching his fee in the snow today.

I need to drop my taxes off to be done. I did them myself one time and it was a mess. Kudos to those who can do their own!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got the snow I sent! We had flakes in the air today that is all.
One time being audited and I let the account do the taxes....my husband said this year ...it cannot be that difficult...I told him to go for it but I am not going to be involved!
Hope you can get out and doodle soon:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails