Friday, March 5, 2021

Almost Famous.

Today, the neighbor surprised us with the local paper, featuring an article about me and my doodles.  I was impressed that the journalist captured almost everything I said.   I didn't think she was listening that much... and I talked about all kinds of stuff.  At least I didn't say anything too embarrassing. 

I had not done very much at the time she wrote this up.   Chalk drawing is always a process of time.  Especially after a serious rain!   But after doing it for a week, if I am allowed several days of clear weather,  I can make a scene worthy of the news.   Hopefully. 

Today has been a gloomy one.   I managed to finish the Bunny On The Beach that I started yesterday.   With no sun, it is amazing how cold the Iowa weather can get.   

The good news is that I discovered that the "Baked Chalk" method works awesome!   Who knew that the secret was to get that last bit of moisture out of the plaster to make it work properly.   In fact, i would say it works better!   It is soft and fills in the pores of the sidewalk so effectively.  I imagine that the catch will be the softness of the chalk will allow me to burn through it so much faster than a normal piece.  I'm working on finding out in the future. 

Time to kick back with some Mushroom Coffee and catch up on some "Me" time. Cheryl has been working on 1970 style crafts.  Who knew that stuff from my Childhood would become vintage so quickly.  I will have to work on finding my next muse, as most of my picture ideas have been used up now.  Time to surf the web for more art fun!   Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I knew it! I finally know someone who is famous! Your drawings are marvelous!

Val Ewing said...

I was wondering when your art would be recognized! We need good feeling stories in the news and this is indeed good feeling.
Well done.

Dragonfli said...

You should be an illustrator for children's books!! You have so many talents cuz. Very proud of you!!

Jon said...

Congratulations on your new celebrity status! Your artistic creations are wonderful and you deserve recognition. Perhaps you could get a contract for illustrating books..
I'm late in reading this but glad I didn't miss it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails