Saturday, March 13, 2021

After The Drizzle...

The Jaguar is the only one to survive... somewhat.

 Well,  the Rain did not disappoint.   I was surprised it was not as "heavy" as they predicted.   It did still manage to wipe out most of my chalk murals...  so I get to start over once again.

All the color washed away.
The problem is that the change in weather has also brought a certain level of uncertainty.   Also.. Cold.  
 


The sun may fool you, but the wind and cooler temps sneak up and freeze your chalky hands.   I know this because I snuck  out for a quickie, drive-by, chalking and was fooled by the somewhat bright sun.   I managed to mostly finish a Ladybug before the clouds rolled in and I was too chilled to dote over it too  much.  

Before the rain.  Wind cleaned it up!
Add in that it is supposed to rain this weekend.   I say,"Supposed to.." because currently,  it is slightly cloudy and there is plenty to sunshine to go around.   Tomorrow there is a 60% chance during the day, and a higher chance as the evening comes.   We shall see.    I don't want to work in the cooler weather only o have the mural washed away in less than 12 hours!
But the rain completely erased them.

So I spent the day working on Chalk.   I think I'm getting the hang of things, as the color and texture of the plaster casts are working out better than the normal chalk. I have also been working on "sorting" my existing stockpile.  I have a LOT of pink!   Possibly because I never use pink in any of my drawings.  You would think Pink makes a great flesh tone... but it does not!    I mostly use a light orange or khaki brown when I try to do human flesh color. ( so much for being "White"...) And I rarely do humans or human figures.  Animals are much more colorful. 

Not as much pink as you would think.

Yes, yes... Flamingos.  I know.   But the last time I tried Flamingos...  I used up all of my red and white chalk!  Funny how the pinks are not really there in the flamingos except around the beak and feet. 

If nothing else, I'm enjoying the break from the knee crawling that sidewalk art requires.   And I need to make myself a little more scarce around the park, now that my name is all over the papers. I would not want people to take me for granted or anything.    

Starry night with cats! one of my favorites!

I'm hoping that, as the weather clears and warms up, I will have time to tackle slightly more challenging concepts.   (Look at me... behaving as if I'm serious about this little hobby.)  Cartoon stuff is fun and simple,  but I really liked my "Starry Night With Cats" mural I did last year.  Gotta Chase that feeling. 

 I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Jon said...

It's really heartbreaking to see your beautiful murals being washed away. Perhaps you could start using some kind of weather-resistant water-proof paint? Endless rain here in TN and erratic temperatures. Warm one day, chilly the next.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You must do starry night again! Lets see Pigs can be pink...or Bunnies for Easter and their baskets and roses:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails