Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Windy and Warm-ish.

Still feeling Festively Lucky& Green!

  Terrible wind!  These last few days.   But the Temps have warmed up ( until today... back down in the mid-40's)  You would think that a little wind should be easy to deal with when it comes to chalking.   Think again! 

Can you tell the bear is wearing a raincoat?

Well,   honestly,  I did manage to go out there and doodle a bit.   I guess that would qualify as "success" to some people.  ( Better than rain!)  But wind brings other challenges!   The wind blows you chalk away!   The wind blows your STUFF away.   The wind blows YOU away!  Yes.. all of those things. 


This makes most of the decision making based on how quickly and simply I can put something down before totally losing my mind.  No "16th Chapel" Mural... on days like this.  Nope!  Keep is simple,  get it done,  call it quits and hope for better conditions tomorrow. 

Koi on the Front steps.

It could happen.    Cheryl says it is supposed to get better later in the week. ( as usual... but rarely does it come true.) The cold of today made me stick closer to home.  After the rainy week last week, my previous doodle on the front step of our apartment had mostly washed off.  Time for a replacement.  

Do they look like they are in water?

I also wanted to test out my new chalk, my new charcoal, and some home-made charcoal I have been working on.  The neighbor kid was having a fire yesterday and I asked if I could toss in a pain bucket filled with small sticks.   With the lid firmly sealed, it is supposed to bake the wood until it turns into charcoal!  Who would have ever guessed?   Save money doing something so simple and make as much as you want.  


The problem was I did not cook/bake it long enough.   I told him an hour.   I go some promising results, but it obviously was not long enough.  I suppose you could quicken the process if you turned and rotated the bucket while in the fire.  But that is a lot to ask a stranger who is already being gracious enough to not ask me why I'm doing something so odd.  (It's not a Bomb!) 

So, when he has another fire, I'll ask for a second go round.    The charcoal that DID turn out was pretty useful. If I could get an entire bucket like that,  I could actually DO the 16th Chapel!  ( Just kidding.... I'm not that ambitious. )  

IN the mean time.   The dynamic Duo continue to harass me as I type this post. Hiro gives me Evil Glares while Rocket has to sleep on my keyboard.  Oh!  The Joy of having cats.  

Hope everyone is having a great week so far and Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great idea with the sticks in the bucket! Yes your Koi look like they are swimming in water! You could give a class at the school adult ed1 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails