Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Rain is Coming!

Rain is predicted.

Koi.

They predicted rain last night.  And it DID rain..  though, just a touch.  I have not inspected my chalk drawings to see if any survived.  I'm sure most of them did, since the rain was pretty sparse. 

Soon to disappear.

But that got the ball rolling.   We went to Muscatine today, and it rained on us half way out there.   Cheryl decided to take a break from running, and I decided to take a break from the chalk drawing.   Besides, I had big plans on making more chalk for the last several days, but I have been so worn out after doodling on concrete for three hours a day that I skip it.   Today seems like a good day to catch upon making chalk instead of drawing. . 

Windy Chalk drawing... Looks faint!

Currently,  it is not raining.   ( Of course!)   But it is VERY windy.   I tried to make a leprechaun in the wind yesterday and all it did was blow my outline and chalk away!   I was grateful for the sunshine and warm temps, but that wind was very frustrating. 

What trade is he talking about?

I could not get a really good pic of the mural afterwards, but can you understand the "fair trade" reference?   Cheryl said it was a "stretch."  I'll give you a hint that it is referring to the gnome in the background.   And there are a couple interpretations. 

Yes!  That is supposed to be a gnome in the back.

 

 

In the mean time,  I shall await the inevitable thunderstorms that are predicted tonight.  I imagine I will have the entire park  surface area, once again, to fill up with new scenes and ideas.   And it helps to give my knees and back a bit of a break.  Without breaking them! 

Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh that Leprechaun. is really cute! St Urho's Day is coming up too...March 16TH That would confuse everyone in your area! HA!
My husband has a garden bench that he can sit on low to the ground or kneel on...you might need one! Have fun making chalk! Your Koi is very nice in the rain! :)

Val Ewing said...

How about a kneeling pad? Love the gnome, they are super popular in this Norwegian area.
We had heavy downpours and a little gully washer along with fog!
But it was nice and the wind was wicked.

Enjoy making chalk!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails