Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Windy Weekend Update.

It has been very windy this weekend.   But we headed out to Muscatine as is our tradition.    Cheryl ran 10 miles!   With her "Lucky Shoes." It was a beautifully sunny day with lots of people out and about.   We ran down along the Weeds Park... the one with all the geese and fish.   Well, it looks like their pond fared about as well as the ones near Iowa City.   The Winter Kill ice took it's toll on the shallow fishing pond.  There were some VERY large carp that did not make it.   Along with many other species.   Bass, Bluegills, Crappie.   Kind of sad, really. I wonder if they will be forced to restock the pond, as many of the local kids ( ages under 12) like to fish there. 

The BIG news was that Tees has finally opened their lobby for indoor seating.  Cheryl and I celebrated the 10 mile run with some burgers, fries, and Ice Cream!   There are fewer tables inside now... because of the social distancing craze.   But they had added several tables  outside!  With Umbrellas!  No longer do you have to endure a blazing sun if you are forced to eat outside.

There was still time and sunlight outside when we got home, so I went to add some chalk to the park.  The wind was a bit of an annoyance, as it blew all of my chalk dust around and away. Cheryl says it looks "clean" but I think it loses a lot of the detail when the wind blow ALL of the chalk away. 

I also brightened up our own doorstep with a couple of dogs in a basket.   Fun and colorful!    Just the thing that is needed for Springtime.   There is Rain forcasted for the future, so I have been trying to limit the complexity of my drawings. 

I'll keep this one short, as my head has been pounding lately.   I wasn't going to even blog today, but the drive to feed the blog overrides the pain of a head ache... sometimes.  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful sunny weekend so far and thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice chalk drawings especially those pups in a basket! I bet it was nice to eat inside! :) Those are some snazzy shoes Cheryl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails