Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Two days of Rain.

Well,  the rain has finally come.   I have been anxiously waiting for it to "pass" so I can get out there and begin "chalking" again.  Tomorrow,  the temps are supposed to get back to normal  ( 30-50's) and the rain is taking a break... Hopefully. ( you never know in Iowa.) 

In the mean time,  I sorted my chalk;  made more chalk; and folded a turtle out of old Christmas wrapping paper.  ( I still have to put the "Art" in it....  some shaping and stuff...) The chalk was becoming a problem. 


I could barely carry my tote to the park without the strap cutting into my shoulder.  I know that "Hording" run in my family, but I have been able to avoid the mostly disastrous effects that my parents had put us through as we grew up.  Also, it helps living in a 600 sq. ft. apartment in the middle of Wellman, Iowa.   There simply is not enough room for everything you gather in life.
 So I set out a box and chose my favorite colors.  The Tote is considerably lighter now.   The only problem now is running out of a certain color. ( something I detest!)  But...  Sometimes less is more and you make decisions accordingly. 

The rain continues as I write this and we DID run out in it this morning.  Thankfully, we only go a little wet, and the downpour stared after we had finished.   And the temps were in the 50's, so the rain was not as cold.  Still, no one likes running in the rain for very long.  

Hope everyone is staying dry and warm today.  Tomorrow is Muscatine, and that is always a welcome adventure.   I can't wait for the rain to trigger the mushrooms.   I will have to hunt harder for those dang Morels this year.   I hate admitting it, but they are considerably more tasty than most of the summer mushrooms.   ( Don't tell the other mushrooms I said that... I love them all!  Equally!)   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think you might need a wagon for your chalk! You will be mushroom hunting before long:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails