Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally A Nose I'm Proud of!

Today I focused mostly on the face and hair. I was quite pleased with the way the nose turned out this time. Instead of making the nose in one stroke, I broke it up into a couple of stages and it seemed to turn out pretty good. For the first time ever, I was able to get a feminine nose on the first go 'round. The problem is that when I finally got the nose to look good from the front, I stood her up and turned her to the side and the same problem I had before came to light: Her face was flat! I tried to round it off a bit more around her cheeks a bit. Then I worked on her hair. The rotted heartwood that I had been trying to avoid, somehow managed to make an appearance, but I'm not too upset since it will be in a low visibility place with not much detail to get worried about. Tomorrow is out big show in Holland, so I probably will be wiped out afterwards and won't do much carving. Until then. Enjoy!

1 comment:

L. D. Burgus said...

Trial and error in sculpting is so permanent so you have accomplished the nose you always wanted. The next one will come easy. Good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails