Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An Origami Stag. With a side of Lobster and Onyx

I’m running out of ideas for titles that don’t repeat themselves.  I mean,  Origami Deer,  Origami lobster……all been done before!  I still have to remind myself what is actually in the post though.   So,  with Cheryl looking up cool and unusual places to eat that remind us of japan,  I thought a title that sounded like dinner would be interesting. DSC_5509DSC_5511DSC_5512DSC_5516

But enough of that!   I finished an Origami Red Deer, Also known as a Stag deer ( stag can also refer to the male gender of the red deer…but now we are getting complicated and off track) I thought I would fold it with black paper because:  One,  Black is cool.  Two, Stylized deer are cool!  Three,  Who wants a “red”  Red Deer?  And Four,  I only had one large sheet of cardstock left…and it was black.

In the end, I think it turned out as elegant as I had wanted.   There were moments of struggle….but what is life without a little struggle?   Boring! I guess.   And I always need something dramatic to blog about.

I also folded up a blue lobster and a couple of Scimitar Horn Onyx.  I focused on the legs of the lobster rather than the antennae.  It’s a little more manageable without them.

Then there are the Onyx.   These guys are quite the challenge to get those horns on there.  I’m sure there are easier ways ( and I hope I will discover them!)  But I wanted to go for a tapered look that still allowed the horns to fit in the designated glue area.  Through trial and error, I ended up putting a strip of the horn over the ear and a little bit down the eye.   I still have to fine tune that one before I’m ready to list it in my shop.  Perhaps I should start writing down the methods I use as those can be almost as challenging as the folding part.   Hope everyone is having a great week so far.  It’s sunny here in Iowa, but cold….which sucks!  I managed to change the oil in the new car before the snow began to fall yesterday.   Just one small step to getting the ret of my universe in order.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails