Sunday, March 10, 2013

Origami Sunday…Perhaps I’m getting better..

DSC_5432DSC_5449So I finished up several sculptures today and started a few more.   I have suddenly become fascinated with antlers.   Well, I guess I always have had a thing for them.  But my recent concepts have been exceeding my expectations.  And then there is this dragon I have been working on.   I’m not sure why he turned out as well as he did.  perhaps I was feeling rather inspired yesterday.  But I digress…

DSC_5450DSC_5456DSC_5444DSC_5442


The origami deer series!  Cool concept eh?   Ever since the moose, I have had the idea to try out several other species of deer to see what I can do with them.  Now I know there is the old method that I have been doing ever since when. However,  I have not had much success with cardstock wet folding those designs.  Especially the ore challenging ones.   So, have been free folding to see what I can come up with.   As of right now,  the caribou and the whitetail deer are finished.  I started on an elk,  that turned out pretty cool as well.  I’ll see If I can post pictures tomorrow.
I’m going to have to take a day off of folding soon so I can post the new items in my new shop.   So far I’m liking how things are turning out…even though apparently, no one has come to m shop yet.  Ah well,  this was an experiment anyway to see if there are any interested parties out there for Origami.  I already had an Idea of the answer, but it still is best to test the concept.  Not to mention often times things lead you to better ideas!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.   And for those of you who have jobs….well,  good luck with that!  in the mean time,  the weather has let up a bit and we may be going to Des Moines tomorrow…or sometime this week.   we hall see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails