Saturday, November 28, 2020

Day 2 After The Feast!

 It has been two days since thanksgiving, and we continue to slave away at stockings.   And as far as the Thanksgiving food... Looks like it is up to me to finish it all off.   Ever since Cheryl had one of her "Oh My GOD! I Ate That Much!"  Moments,  She has now sworn off all food that is not Apple pie.  Yes...  Pretty much all she ate WAS apple pie for Thanksgiving.   She had a small sliver of Turkey, No stuffing, No gravy, and No cranberries!  ( So... Yeah!  WAY out of bounds on the food chart.)  But I think she beat me in the Pie eating area.... Not that we were having a competition.  So I am now "duty bound" to finish off all of the Turkey AND stuffing... and gravy...  and cranberries. 


But,  As luck would have it..  The Entire meal seems to taste better the second day.   Who would have ever thought that going Cold Turkey on "Cold Turkey" was actually a GOOD thing!  Even the stuffing managed to taste better.   I added several Mushrooms from the "Mushroom bin" and perhaps a little too much of the Turkey drippings.    Cheryl wanted nothing to do with it since it was "too watery."  ( So picky!) 


But now,  After two days,  the flavors have mingled and the water has fully absorbed into the stuffing.   Similar to Next Day Potato Salad.  ( I believe Potato Salad ALWAYS tastes better the next day after it is made... am I wrong?   I figure I have at least one more day of Fixin's left for my Turkey Leftover Dinner Combo.  

 Cheryl will continue to eat her Apple pie for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.   And then BOTH of us will attempt to lose the extra pounds AFTER the stocking season....  That is the game plan, anyway...

We got a lovely text from Cheryl's Family alerting us that they managed to have a  Great Holiday Gathering without us being there. ( Which Cheryl and I both have a difficult time in Believing.. Since we are the Life of ANY gathering.)  There are a number of way to interpret this information.    We could view it as they were actually Happy we Weren't There!   I guess that should make us feel disappointed that our presence is no longer required for a completely Joyous and Happy event.    On the other hand... We could understand it as there is no real reason for us to drop everything and head to Michigan during a busy Stocking season, just to visit and eat Turkey. The Loss in wages and the Travel expense alone....  Not to mention driving through Chicago!    Nope!  I think that if all parties are happier with Cheryl and Ethan NOT being present... Well, why would we want to ruin that for everyone?  

Today was a "light" stocking day... Only 20.  (Leaving 60 stockings for tomorrow. )   We had to make a supply run and Cheryl wanted to run in Muscatine at least one more time before the total collapse of society.  It was a good day.   The temps were supposed to rise up into the 50's, but they stayed in the mid 30's for pretty much the entire run.   

The river was a busy place.  Lost of Boats running up and down the Mississippi.   Guess they have lots of soybeans and corn to move on a Saturday.    I always love watching the riverboats pass by.  

"Stayin' Alive!"  In Muscatine....


Cheryl did some calculations and figured we will need to buy at least 4 more bolts of Red Felt for the season.  (It could be worth as much as $7000!)    The bad news is that we have to purchase the Felt from a Retailer.   ( Full Price!)  The Good news is that the Felt is on SALE this week! (40% off!)   



And the Good-er news is that Cheryl has a 20% off Coupon for your total order...  So.. in the end, we might actually have saved some money?  By buying retail?   At just the right Black Friday Moment? And it will arrive in less than 4 weeks?   Well, the only thing we need now is to actually sell $7000 worth of stockings from Dec 5 -18th!  ( No problem!) 

Time to relax with Cats!  2 are not ours!

So now... I have to deal with the Convos...  Cheryl is making all the requested designs and it is my job to "sell them."  Which I seem to be very good at doing. ( almost to a flaw!)   Thanks for stopping in!  And After reading many of the blogs I follow, It appears many of you broke the law and had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday Despite the government's Mandate of Sadness.  I love American Rebels!    Even the most insignificant victory is  a way of resisting tyranny.   Big Hugs!   Stay Safe!  And Live Free!

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I would not want to drive through Chicago at all. I used to have to commute on the Eden's Expressway to work and back.
We didn't do much on Thanksgiving. Not a phone call at all from hubby's daughter. Apparently we were not missed. Though we haven't been able to travel on Thanksgiving for a few years as both of my passengers at the time were stricken with severe medical issues.
A text from the homeless son and a call from the not homeless son completed our evening jollies. We rented a John Wick movie and reveled in an action movie.

It sounds like you guys had a good day and lots of wonderful leftovers.
:) Our day was pleasant.
Enjoy the weekend if you can get out.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for finding more felt ...I hope it is delivered on time! You are as busy as ever! Hope sales keep keeping on!
I am sure you were missed at the family gathering...life of the party and all!
I am tired of turkey...off to the freezer it went for day/days ahead that I don't want to cook...I so enjoy freezer days!
We had a beautiful day yesterday 45 degrees...just the right amount of global warming! Today it is windy spitting snow and cold...
Stay safe!

Susan Zarzycki said...

We have been enjoying our leftovers too. I have loved not having to think up what to cook for a few days. Even the turkey bones will go into a pot to flavor a soup. I am sure I heard from Mom some mumblings about getting sick of turkey but I must have heard wrong because, after all, it's only been four days! It sounds like you were able to save money on the felt (so expensive!) and that's a good thing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails