Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Stocking Wave Comes Early This Year.

 Yesterday was the Election, but that is not what is currently on my mind. We got SWAMPED with 25 stockings yesterday... and an additional 15 today.    What the heck is going on?   Cheryl and I were ill prepared for such a surge.  

Thankfully we have enough felt and buttons.... For now!    But the sudden uptick in the orders has made her question if we have ordered enough.   It typically takes 2 weeks to fill and receive the order of felt, but with the Pandemic that everyone believes in... those estimates may be longer.   Which means we have to plan for stockings three weeks out!   And by then,  December is almost over!  It is very frustrating. 


Cheryl and I have been in a rather sour mood today.   With Machines becoming fussy,  customers requesting things, and everything else being in question,   I'm sure the combination has pushed us over the edge.  And I would be the first to admit that it seems a little early for that. 

But hey!    The Weather has been nice.   It was 50 degrees at the start today.   And it certainly feels like it is in the mid 60's.   And there was SUNSHINE!   Something that seems to have been in short supply all through October and September. Too bad the day is almost over.   Short days are kind of a drag when the weather is pleasant.  

the "Fire Bush".







It made for an enjoyable Muscatine visit.   The Sun was so bright, I simply had to capture it reflecting off of the Mississippi.   And it appears that some of the Fall color continues to linger on certain trees...  Despite those heavy winds we had a few days ago.  

Unfortunately,  the purple flower patch is now gone.   Looks like they froze sometime between today and last Saturday.  But the "Fire Bush"  was a bright red with the sun lighting things up the way it was.  Super Pretty and a last "Hoora"  for the season.   You sometimes have to enjoy the moments you have when they come along. 



The One Antlered Buck!

Speaking of "Moments"  I finally was able to "almost" capture the One Horned Deer that has been shadowing us along the Kewash trail.   I mentioned we saw him a few days ago but my camera died before I could get the shot.   Well,  he appeared in the same area yesterday!   And this time I was ready!

To bad he did not allow for Zoom!

Well,  Mostly ready.   He still popped out on the wrong side of the tree line.   I managed to capture his run through a small break in the trees.   This time Cheryl and I could clearly see that he has only one antler on his right side.   I can only speculate what happened to the other side:   Shot off,  Broke off,  Fighting,  Damaged as it was maturing,  genetics,    Who knows.   The problem was he did not stick around long enough to explain or offer any hints.   


So we have seen quite a few bucks this year.  Many of them dead on the road!   In fact, there were two new ones on our way to Muscatine.    Wonder if the deer are seeing 2020 in the same way we are!  ( A DISASTER year!) But I was pretty happy to have captured the ones  we have seen with the camera. 

 And especially this one as he taunts us every day we run past him.  I'm not sure when Hunting season starts in Iowa, but we have seen a number of folks wearing blaze orange at the local Casey's.   And Blaze Orange is usually not a fashion statement in these parts. 

So that is all for now.   Exhausted and grumpy over the work load.  Normally I should be grateful ( and I am,  really)   But too much too soon will burn us out that much quicker.   

And We are pretty much limited by Cheryl's Work threshold.  Fingers crossed we can look back on 2020 as "At least it was a Great Year for Stocking Sales."   We shall find out when it is over.   Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Jon said...

The stockings are really adorable, and the fall foliage photos are spectacular - but I'm so upset over this election fiasco that I can hardly function. I knew it was going to happen, the Dems have been planning election fraud for a long time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for booming sales! Hope you have a banner year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails