Monday, November 2, 2020

What a Difference a Day Makes.

Shorts Weather? 

 

A quick post on this, the eve before the 2020 election.   Anyone else thinking about voting?   I hear ya.  But I thought I would post a quick blog update on the happenings in the rural world of Iowa.  

With New Shoes!

Well,  We went to Muscatine Saturday and Cheryl ran in SHORTS!   With her NEW NIKE ALPHA FLY NEXT PERCENT Shoes.   That is NOT their entire name.  (But I'll stick with the abbreviated form. ) They are the latest version of the "vapor Fly" shoes she broke all of her records with back in 2019.   Ah!  2019.  Who would have ever thought we would be looking back at such a year with fondness... just a single year later.  But I digress. 

Stylish.

Cheryl ran in the shoes and shorts while I bundled up in full winter gear.   It was not too cold... temperature wise, but that wind was pretty gusty.   Overall,  the Shoes were a success.   She paid FULL PRICE for them... ( Because they are worth it)  since there was a limited supply and she said if they became available, she would nab them as soon as possible instead of waiting.   They are not as flashy as the orange ones, but they definitely look futuristic.  Once this pandemic is over and Racing begins again, we shall see how they compare to the old ones.  

Fall Color.
With a Train!

A few pictures of fall colors.   Yesterday was very windy and most of the leaves are not on the ground.   The fall color was good while it lasted.  Now the only thing to look forward to on the trail is a possible Deer sighting and the smell of pig poo on the harvested corn and soybean fields.   

Smells Like Iowa in the Fall!

Nothing says "IOWA" like the smell of pig poo in the Spring and Fall.   For those who may not know,  Pig Poo smells WAY different from Cow Manure!  (Not that I'm a connoisseur of animal Poo smells. )   I would compare Pig Poo to a Bag of Cheetos.. kicked up about 100 times.  Yes... Coming to Iowa has forever changed my junk-food eating habits.  ( and I used to like Cheetos!)  I guess, technically, it beats the chemically ammonia smell  of typical industrial fertilizer;  But not by much. 

From shorts to Pants.

Speaking of Deer sightings.   We did see the Big Buck Again along the trail today.  He was missing one of his antlers.  Both Cheryl and I noticed it right away.  Cheryl thinks he may have been asymmetrical before, but was not 100% sure.  I only noticed that the camera picked a really great time to require recharging.  I would not have had a very great shot anyway, but it was irritating that the deer made an appearance during an equipment malfunction. 

They are predicting warmer temps this week.  Always "tomorrow".  But the day stars off in the 20's.  I guess the sun might warm things up a bit, But Cheryl says that she is having a hard time staying warm while we sew up the stockings.   She suggested a space heater for below her desk.   I'm thinking maybe we should finally move to a warmer residence that has decent windows.   I'll have to give that some thought.  


Hope everyone is having a find Monday.   Tomorrow all of this Election craziness will come to a climax.   I will do my bit to help make it a little more confirming.   But after than... well.   I'm only one vote.  I'll most likely go about my normal routine once again.   As I'm sure many other people will continue to do for the next 4 years.. until the next election.     I'll be happy with it is finally over.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling.   Thanks for stopping in. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Flashy running shoes!
I will be glad that all the freaking commercials of he did this he did that...I hate that part just tell me what you will do for me in three sentences or less please! Stop talking about the other guy...mud slinging must be popular.
Yes pig poo does have it's own unique smell...we have neighbors and good friends who are pig farmers...he has retired now and sold all his pigs.
Looking forward to a warmer week with some sunshine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails