Friday, November 13, 2020

Even More Stockings!

 Crazy time is upon us!   I better catalog this for Future Ethan and Cheryl about the Devastation 202 brought us.    (But I hope it will be a "good kind" of devastation.)     Basically we have done 20-25 stockings every day this week.  (About) and I'm getting to the blog later and later each day.   Tomorrow is supposed to be a day off where we can take a breath... But it already looks like we might have to do a few to stay caught up.  

Small things to note.   We saw the BIG BUCK  again this week.   He was running with a doe.. right in front of us on a cold windy day. ( Tuesday, I think) This one had Both Antlers.  Perhaps he was the "winner" because it is within a mile of the one-antlered buck we have seen several times now.  Of course, there was no picture. 

The Part that attaches to "16" is 
rusted off...  I temporarily 
 "fixed" it!

Muffler on the Subie!  One of the mounting brackets has rusted off the Muffler.   The muffler itself is made of Stainless Steel.  But, apparently, the mounting nubs are not. 
 




 However, the rubber hangers are still good so I made a make-shift repair to keep the muffler attached and to stop the heat shield from rattling.  I'm pretty proud of it, but we will find out tomorrow when we head to Muscatine.   Also, I'm not so optimistic that it will last much past this winter. The thick heavy wire I am using is strong, but will rust all the way through I'm sure.  At least it buys me a little time.

I'm sure other things have happened this week, but mostly we have been just working.   8 hours on the stockings feels like a real job!  The only thing is we work twice as fast and twice as hard...because when you work for yourself,  time = money!    Or something like that..   Time to unwind.   I better keep this post brief and get to it.   Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You guys are a Stocking Factory for sure! Hope your fix works on the Subie!
Stay safe! WE have a Turkey Breast in the freezer so we have the start of a Thanksgiving dinner!

Val Ewing said...

One of the bennies of having junk piles around a farm is being able to cobble things together! I hope the fix works on the Subie. I had to browse your store! Wow, those are beautiful stockings, no wonder you are so busy.
Not much happening here, I hope you enjoy some rest time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails