Monday, February 22, 2010

The Verdict: Wood Pulley Failed!

Ok, failure might be a little harsh. it was a prototype after all. made out of recycled wood scraps. When put to the test. it held up under the huge weight. it just didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I really think that a major factor was the rope itself. A stronger rope with less stretch would have been better. In the end. I got my next log tipped up and ready for the next sculpture. I have not made up my mind what I'm going to carve just yet. In other news. Cheryl and I were treated to a viewing of a Bald Eagle flying over Arbies today! To those who live in certain areas of the country where eagles are common. this might not be a big deal. But we have never seen one this far south in Michigan. The Crew of the Arbies was also very excited. He came down pretty close so we all got a really great look at him. Just one of those special moments you are happy to be there for. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails