Monday, February 1, 2010

Wood Elf day 9

My goal is to be done with her by the end of the week! Hopefully by Friday! Tonight I worked on the spear and her boots. I still can't bring myself to take too much off the spear yet because I'm afraid that it would become fragile and break if I continue moving her around. So mostly I cleaned up some of the areas that needed it and worked on the boots. It took a long time and I still have to make sure they look good 360 degrees. But for the most part I'm pretty happy the way there are looking. Oh! and by the way..from time to time i stumble upon some knots just randomly in the middle of the wood. At first I thought there would be hardly any knots because the log looked pretty flawless on the outside. However. I counted the rings and the log is approx 80 years old! I guess those must have been engulfed over the years. Either way they mess up my chisels. Hope to have more done tomorrow!

1 comment:

playswithclay said...

Wow! I failed to earn my carving badge as a Girl Scout because I could see nothing in the little block of wood. I am in awe of your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails