Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend round up!

Caught up with the weekend seats tonight, leaving my Monday open for the second Display shelf construction. I know it might be hard to believe, But I just love carving. I procrastinate from time to time, but as soon as I start carving, it all floods back to me on why I'm doing this for a living. Oh! Just a small point that I thought I would show off. The wolf seats ( for some reason , the wolf seat seems to be a VERY popular design lately) are one of those designs that I will never make EXACTLY the same. it's just impossible to blend the whites, grays, and blacks to perfectly match the original every time. However, since there are no two wolves the same in the wild, I feel that this small difference is acceptable. I do try to get them at least close to the original. As for the shelves. Cheryl put on the second and hopefully last coat of paint on them tonight. I snapped a quick pic just to show it off. I really like the way it is turning out. Here is a picture of the original inspiration piece. Minus the bottom drawer, Cheryl did not want that part, and I was happy to comply.

1 comment:

Chrisy said...

They look fabulous! The dark color really suits them...congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails